Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Swirl Cake
Peanut butter and chocolate bundt cake kissed with a bit of salted caramel flavor
This simple Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Swirl Cake is a showstopper! A chocolate and peanut butter bundt cake with peanut butter glaze is bumped up a notch with SKIPPY® Salted Caramel Peanut Butter. Everyone will love this cake!
So you guys! This cake! It’s so much of everything my family loves all rolled into one!!
Peanut butter ✔ Chocolate ✔ Salted Caramel ✔
It’s rustic, it’s pretty, it’s easy…… and has Salted Caramel Peanut Butter!!!
Back in January, my friends at SKIPPY® asked if I would like to be one of the first to try a new limited edition peanut butter flavor……with a sweet and salty twist; SKIPPY Peanut Butter Spread with Salted Caramel Creamy.
Let me tell you, it’s every bit as spectacular as it sounds and I hope they keep it around for a long time.
I can’t wait to make cookies with it, but first I wanted to make a cake. A Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Swirl Cake to be exact.
I simply took a peanut butter and chocolate marble cake recipe and used SKIPPY Salted Caramel Peanut Butter. I dropped spoonfuls of each batter into a flute/bundt pan and swirled it with a knife to give it a marble look.
I just love making bundt cakes ……you get to skip cutting and layering a cake and you can get away with making easy glaze instead of frosting.
It’s pretty impressive right out of the pan. Bundt cakes are so pretty and I love the variated cake colors with the peanut butter and chocolate swirl. You could just serve a naked cake……with the glaze on the side, to drizzle over your cut piece of cake.
The salted caramel peanut butter glaze is simple. I didn’t even use a mixer, just a medium bowl and a whisk. I mixed powdered sugar and heavy cream with SKIPPY® Salted Caramel Peanut Butter until creamy. I could have eaten it by the spoonful!
This cake bursts with a nice peanut butter and chocolate flavor kissed with a bit of salted caramel, that becomes the perfect compliment.
I decided to drizzle it over the cake – if you have leftover glaze, save it to add a little extra to your piece if you want 😉
Grab a fork…….here’s the recipe
**UPDATE (2/18/18): Many of you have asked where to find the Skippy Salted Caramel Peanut Butter. It appears that it is no longer available. But this cake is just as delicious with plain peanut butter!!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup creamy SKIPPY® Salted Caramel Peanut Butter (or plain peanut butter)
- Peanut Butter Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy SKIPPY® Salted Caramel Peanut Butter (or plain peanut butter)
- 1/4-1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter on medium high speed for 30 -60 seconds until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping sides and bottom of bowl, as necessary. Beat in sour cream and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Place half the cake batter into a medium bowl, add melted chocolate and stir until combined. Stir SKIPPY® Salted Caramel Peanut Butter to the remaining cake batter and stir just until well combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of chocolate batter alternating with the peanut butter batter into prepared pan. Using a knife, slightly swirl to marble, but don't over mix.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert pan onto wire rack and remove from pan to cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, prepare glaze. In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar and SKIPPY® Salted Caramel Peanut Butter slowly add a little whipping cream at a time, stopping to combine with a wire whisk until you reached a thick drizzling consistency.
- Once cake has cooled completely, place cake on cake plate and drizzle with peanut butter glaze
You might want to try these recipes:
Check out SKIPPY on Tumbler!
Disclaimer: I have a working relationship with Skippy Peanut Butter. As always, all views and opinions, and love of peanut butter are my own.