Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Peanut Butter Banana Bread –VERY ripe bananas, cinnamon, chocolate chips and peanut butter take this moist quick bread recipe to a whole new level of delicious!
You know you have a winning recipe when they eat every crumb, and ask for it again and again. So why would you tweak it? Because adding peanut butter to banana bread could only make the world go around a little brighter right? …….oh so RIGHT!!
We are in the throws of a wicked winter storm, lots of snow and bitter cold temperatures. All I want to do is keep the oven on all day long. We had a bounty of ripe bananas laying on the counter screaming to be made into a moist and delicious banana bread.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Several years ago I started making a banana bread that earned me the title “Best Mom in the World“…… cinnamon and chocolate chips took that recipe to that level. But just when you thought banana bread couldn’t get any better, I added some peanut butter that pushed it over the top!! Peanut butter and banana is a combination as old as time so this bread just makes sense. I used Skippy Natural Peanut Butter, but any peanut butter will do.
This dense, luscious, Peanut Butter Banana Bread is full of everything good; smooth creamy peanut butter, Semi-sweet chocolate chips, cinnamon, and sweet ripe bananas! The secret to incredibly moist banana bread, is VERY ripe bananas……we are talking mostly brown skins and very mushy, on the verge of rotten.
I highly suggest having a slice covered in a thick layer of peanut butter 😉
VERY ripe bananas, chocolate chips and peanut butter take this moist quick bread to a whole new level of delicious!
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3-4 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream together sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time. Mix in milk, bananas, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients. *do not over-mix the batter. You don’t want it smooth. Over mixing the batter will give you tough, rubbery bread
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60 mins for a regular loaf pan, or 30 mins for mini loaves
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then run a butter knife along the edges of the pan and invert the bread onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Store well wrapped at room temperature,for up to 4 days or well wrapped, in the freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 4gSugar: 37gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
More Banana Bread recipes you might enjoy
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.