Nutella Banana Milkshake
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our favorite Banana Milkshake is not only thick and creamy, but it’s also laced with the irresistible chocolate hazelnut spread, Nutella that we have come to know and love. Make a healthier version that’s just as delicious with frozen yogurt and skim milk if you’d prefer, either way, it whips up in your blender in under 5 minutes!
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
SAVE this recipe to Pinterest!
Table of Contents
OUR FAVORITE BANANA MILKSHAKE WITH NUTELLA
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
This easy and creamy milkshake is a favorite of our family because it’s quick and simple and I almost always have bananas and ice cream in the freezer and a jar of Nutella in our pantry. It’s packed full of banana flavor and that chocolate hazelnut gem making a milkshake that is pretty much irresistible.
Making a banana milkshake is as simple as blending a few ingredients in a blender! You will need a generous serving of ice cream, a splash of milk, frozen banana slices, and a large spoonful of Nutella. That’s it!! Blend until smooth and creamy.
Notes and Tips For Making A Good Banana Milkshake
- ADJUST INGREDIENT QUANTITIES: Our banana milkshake recipe quantities are recommendations and can be made to your taste!
- QUICK FREEZE A BANANA: Place banana slices on a plate and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes. (freezing the bananas beforehand will yield a creamier milkshake.)
- RIPE BANANA: You’ll want to use a banana that is ripe but not brown. I’m talking ripe enough that they’re starting to get brown spots on the peel. The riper the banana, the more flavor, and sweetness it will have.
- THE BEST ICE CREAM: If you really want to indulge, full-fat ice cream made with full cream is best. It’s thicker, full of rich flavor, and holds up better in the blender.
- FOR A LIGHTER MILKSHAKE: use low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt and skim milk or almond milk
- FROSTY GLASSES: Put the glasses you’ll be serving with into the freezer for a few minutes before you start blending. Pull them out of the freezer when ready to serve. Frosty glasses will keep the milkshakes creamy for longer.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
How To Make A Banana Milkshake Without A Blender
The best way to make a milkshake without a blender is to place your ice cream, milk, mashed banana, and Nutella in a large metal bowl that has been chilled in the freezer for 10 minutes. Using a spoon or wire whisk blend until the ingredients are mixed to your liking. This will take a bit of time, but still tastes great!
You could also consider getting a Milkshake Machine. A milkshake machine froths the milk and ice cream, making a thicker, tastier treat with the perfect consistency. The stem aerates the ingredients. A blender on the other hand simply rotates the ingredients. Getting the right thickness is one of the most important factors of the perfect milkshake.
What Else Can I Put In A Banana Milkshake
- peanut butter, almond butter, Nutella or cookie butter
- chocolate chips or peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips
- caramel topping or chocolate syrup
- marshmallow cream or fluff
- chocolate or strawberry ice cream
- Kahlua or Bailey’s Irish Cream
- crushed Nilla wafers or Oreo’s stirred in
More Recipes With Nutella To Love
Nutella Gooey Butter Cake – Nutella adds a delicious twist to a St. Louis tradition, where the cake becomes the crust and holds a gooey cream cheese filling. This has been a go-to dessert in our home for decades.
Nutella Crepes – These delicious very thin pancakes aka crepes are filled with Nutella. Serve them dusted with powdered sugar on top for a decadent treat or breakfast.
Nutella Sandwich Cookies – Take two dark chocolate crispy oat cookies and smear a little Nutella between the two, with a dusting of sea salt and you’ve got yourself one heck of a good sandwich cookie.
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – A brown butter chocolate chip cookie with a thick, gooey layer of Nutella baked right inside. These are a MUST MAKE!
Like This Nutella Banana Milkshake? Pin It!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas, and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
You can't resist the flavor combination of Nutella and banana in this delicious milkshake.
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (or low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt)
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1 large frozen ripe banana, sliced
- whipped cream *optional for garnish
- chocolate sprinkles or shavings *optional for garnish
- Add milk, ice cream or frozen yogurt, Nutella, and banana slices into your milkshake maker or blender and secure the lid.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
- Serve immediately in a tall frosty glass with a spoon or straw and enjoy!
TIP- QUICK FREEZE A BANANA: Place banana slices on a plate and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
FOR A LIGHTER MILKSHAKE: use low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt and skim milk or almond milk
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 5gSugar: 58gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.