Salted Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies
I don’t know about you, but I love a good sandwich, especially when the sandwich is the sweet kind, and involves Nutella! As in, the Nutella Sandwich Cookies I made a few months back.
Last summer Feast Magazine asked if I would like to choose a recipe to write about from a recent cooking class for parents and children at the Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis, where they presented a booklet of recipes for livening up school lunches with more inventive options. Of course, I went after the cookies 😉
These cookies are the perfect balance of chocolate and Nutella all wrapped up in a chewy cookie. It’s impossible to just have one.
I will warn you – I’m not responsible for increased pants size if you are watching calories nor can I be held accountable for feeding a Nutella obsession. But do as I say, make a batch – I promise you won’t regret it!
Oh, I suppose you’d like the recipe, right? These Nutella Sandwich Cookies are super simple to make and even better to eat.
Nutella fans are going to love them and don’t worry about being “too sweet”, a nice little sprinkle of salt on top balances out the flavors beautifully.
Grab an apron…..we’re making Nutella Sandwich Cookies
Recipe courtesy of Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis is the perfect balance of chocolate and Nutella all wrapped up in a chewy cookie.
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened dark Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ¼ cup oats, lightly ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- sea salt
- 13 oz jar Nutella
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, oats, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside. Cream together butter, Nutella and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg. Slowly add in flour mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass, about 2 ¼-inches in diameter. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 12 up on a sheet leaving 1-inch space between each cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool for 1 minute on baking sheet and carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool completely. Spread Nutella between two cookies to make a sandwich.
Cookies can be stored for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
More Nutella Recipes you might enjoy:
I’d love to hear about your favorite Nutella recipe in the comments or share the link or picture on the TidyMom Facebook page!
I’m Lovin’…….Salted Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies
Now it’s your turn!
Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
What is I’m Lovin’ It? get all the info here *All photos submitted to the I’m Lovin It linky party, grant the rights to display their photo on this website and other sites I write for. Proper credit will always be given. TidyMom is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through TidyMom.net.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.