Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies
Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies have all of the flavor and texture of a traditional pumpkin pie with the crust baked right in! Top them with whipped cream or chocolate and it’s the perfect hand-held fall dessert!
With holidays around the corner, pumpkin recipes are surely high on the must-have list. Among our other favorite pumpkin desserts are Vanilla Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cinnamon Buttercream, Pumpkin Brownies, and Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie. I suggest you give at least one of them a try, they are all delicious!
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
SAVE this recipe to Pinterest!
Easy Mini Pumpkin Pies
Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies are my way of taming a pumpkin craving. This treat is so easy to make, pretty much a foolproof recipe that is hard to mess up. They are ready for the oven in just 10 minutes —easier than pie!
As the mini pumpkin pies bake, they form a light crust with a dense, but creamy pumpkin filling. Top them with whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate and it’s the perfect fall dessert! If you love pumpkin pie, you are guaranteed to love every bite of these little treasures.
While nothing can take the place of a traditional pumpkin pie, this hand-held version is a yummy holiday sweet that will leave room for your other favorite desserts—no need to resist the Upside Down Apple Pecan Pie, Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pie or Pecan Pie sitting on the table.
What Is A Crustless Pumpkin Pie?
These little bites promise you all the flavor and texture of a pumpkin pie without the traditional crust.
Basically, it’s a pumpkin pie filling with Bisquick mixed in, which gives these little pies enough structure to hold it together — also known as Impossible Pumpkin Pie – the crust is inside the pie!
Impossible pies are impossibly easy! They are pies made without a traditional pie crust. You mix up one batter and as it bakes it magically creates different layers — a thin crust like bottom with a rich flavourful custard-like topping
How To Make Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
- Heat your oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, Bisquick mix, granulated sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Divide the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake about 20-30 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown and edges are starting to pull away from sides of the pan. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Use a knife to loosen the side from the pan, remove pies from the pan and place them on a cooling rack to continue cooling.
- Serve cooled or chilled with whipped cream, ice cream or a drizzle with chocolate.
Tips To Make The Perfect Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Double the recipe. Don’t know what to do with the extra pumpkin puree and evaporated milk? use the whole 12 ounce can of evaporated milk and the whole 15 ounce can of pumpkin, 3 eggs, and increase the spices and vanilla to 3 teaspoons. No change to the sugar is needed. this will yield 24 mini pumpkin pies.
- Pumpkin. Make sure you use 100% pure pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- Use Gluten Free Bisquick or make your own gluten-free baking mix.
- If you want to use paper baking cups (cupcake papers) be sure to spray them with cooking spray or the mini pies will stick
- Try topping with homemade cinnamon whipped cream or pumpkin fluff
- Serve with pie crust cookies
How To Store and Freeze Crustless Pumpkin Pies
To Store: Cool completely and store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
To Freeze: Cool completely and wrap tightly in layers of plastic wrap. Then, cover in aluminum foil or an air-tight container for extra protection against freezer burn. Place in freezer for up to one month. Thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Of course, these will never take the place of real pumpkin pie — I’m a HUGE fan of pie crust!! But you can’t beat how simple and delicious these are. You could also make them in a mini muffin pan for bite-sized portions!! Perfect for a holiday party!!
Like This Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe? Pin It!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas, and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Whipped Cream Topping (optional)
- Melted Semisweet Chocolate (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together first 8 ingredients.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake about 20-30 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown and edges are starting to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan. Note, they will sink as they cool. Using a thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan and remove from pan. Serve cooled or chilled with whipped topping or melted chocolate.
To double the recipe: use the whole 12 oz. can of evaporated milk and the whole 15 oz. can of pumpkin, 3 eggs, and increase the spices and vanilla to 3 teaspoons. No change to the sugar is needed.
recipe slightly adapted from Betty Crocker
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.