Favorite PUMPKIN Recipes!
This month’s flavor is PUMPKIN!
I have been having FUN with Pumpkin this month!! It’s one of our favorite flavors and can be used so many ways! I have several pumpkin recipes to share!
Actually the first Pumpkin recipe I tried, was one Bridget posted for
Pumpkin Cream Cheese
This was GREAT with my whole wheat bagels!
I adapted Bridget’s recipe to what I had on hand, you can find Bridget’s recipe here.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 TBSP brown sugar
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate.
This is another yummy idea I got from Bridget! She made mini muffins here.
I made full size muffins
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) solid pumpkin (pumpkin puree)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (plus extra to sprinkle on top)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spray the insides of your muffin liners with no-stick spray and place in muffin tins.
- Using a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until a little foamy.
- Add in the cake mix, pumpkin, chocolate chips, and water and stir until well-blended. Use an ice cream scooper to fill prepared baking cups about 2/3 full. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean; about 18-20 minutes for full-size muffins or 10-15 minutes for mini muffins
- Sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips as soon as they come out of the oven!
- Remove muffins from pans and let cool on a rack.
The muffins will stick to the paper if you don't spay the paper liners.
Variations: Try switching up the cake mix flavor. Spice Cake, Vanilla, or Butter cake would all be wonderful with this recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More pumpkin recipes
If you have any pumpkin recipes to share,
be sure to link up over at Bake at 350,
or just head over there for more FAB recipes!