Favorite Recipes of 2012
As 2012 comes to a close I thought it would be a great time to reflect on some of the most popular and favorite recipes I shared over the year.
I really enjoyed looking back at all of the deliciousness that went on in our kitchen this past year. I’ve pulled the top 12 most popular recipes from 2012. Maybe you will find a recipe that you missed or forgot about!
Let’s start with #12 and work our way up to the most popular recipe of 2012…….then I’ve added 3 of my family’s favorites recipes that didn’t make that top 12 list.
12. Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs – hands down my husbands favorite holiday candy is Reese Peanut Butter Eggs, the home made version is even better.
11. Cappuccino Cookies – These soft sweet cookies made with instant cappuccino and topped with white chocolate are insanely delicious, whether you are a coffee lover or not.
10. Bean and Avocado Salsa Tortilla Cups – the best cowboy caviar bean salsa recipe served in tortilla cups
9. Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes – the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day or any day…. featuring chocolate caramel ganache and Buttercream frosting dosed with Bailey’s Irish Cream.
8. Caramel Banana French Toast – this french toast was inspired by one of our favorite pancake joints and I share my secret to making the best french toast!
7. Red Velvet Crepes – if you’re a fan of red velvet you’ll love these crepes with raspberry preserves and a kicked up sweet cream cheese filling with Nutella drizzled over top!
6. Buffalo Chicken Mac n Cheese – A kick hot sauce gives a new twist to this old classic
5. Nutella Gooey Butter Cake – I wish my house could smell like it did while this was in the oven every day! Gooey Butter Cake has been a favorite in our house since I was a child, this chocolate Nutella flavor was a big hit and it’s a dessert that you can make up to three days in advance, getting better with time.
4. Peaches and Cream Coffee Cake – Poke your fork in this delicious spice cake lifting out sweet peaches topped with a generous crumb and creamy glaze. Perfect for breakfast or as an impressive dessert any time.
3. Bacon Potato Soup – This soup is a stick-to-your-ribs type meal that is perfect for a cold winter chill.
2. Salted Caramel Cupcakes – One seriously sensational cupcake, inspired by our trip to Sprinkles Cupcake Shop in New York City.
….and the most popular recipe on TidyMom from 2012 was………
1. The New York Times Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe My search for the absolute best chocolate chip cookie recipe has ended with this recipe!
Many of the recipes listed above were favorites of my family (including #1 which we made more times than I can count), there were a few recipes my family and friends really loved that didn’t make the cut but were very much worth mentioning.
Cocoa Cola Cupcakes – I made these for my coke and peanut butter loving husbands birthday and they were a huge hit!
Dark Chocolate Frosted Cake with Raspberry Filling I made this cake for my daughter to take to work and one of the other girls requested it for her birthday a few months later (it was THAT good!)
Banana Nutella Milkshakes – Nutella Milkshakes, what more can I say?! We whip these up all the time.
The most popular recipe of all time on TidyMom
Thanks to all of you for making 2012 such a great year! I love sharing what I’ve whipped up in my kitchen with you and appreciate your continuous support. I’m looking forward to a delicious 2013. I would love to hear if you have any recipe requests you’d like to see here in the new year. Happy New Year!
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.