Cinnamon Apple Bread
This easy Cinnamon Apple Bread is loaded with applesauce, chopped pecans, and warm spices. A moist, delicious quick bread recipe that makes the perfect fall treat.
If you like something a little sweet to eat in the morning, you may also enjoy our Banana Bread, Pumpkin Bread , or Homemade Cinnamon Bread recipes.
Why We Love Cinnamon Apple Bread
I love a good quick bread, and this apple bread is perfectly moist, packed with cinnamon and nutmeg, and has just the right amount of sweetness.
Not only will it give you all the fall feels, but this apple loaf cake is a perfect breakfast solution, a great snack or dessert for the family. Like all quick bread, it’s made with simple ingredients and it’s easy to throw together (it’s really just a cake baked in a loaf pan). One bite, and you’ll love this apple bread recipe as much as we do!
Why You’ll Love This Apple Loaf Cake
- It’s an easy cake-like quick bread. No yeast is required.
- It’s loaded with sweet fall spices and crunchy pecans.
- Made with apple sauce – no need to peel and chop apples
- A delicious treat any time of day!
- It’s freezer-friendly, so you can make extra to keep on hand.
Easy Apple Bread Ingredients
I absolutely love how quick and easy this apple loaf cake recipe is. After mixing your ingredients, you’ll have this quick bread in the oven in no time.
- Granulated sugar– This is also known as white sugar, or regular sugar.
- Applesauce– You want to use unsweetened applesauce for this recipe.
- Butter or oil – Unsalted butter is preferred, but salted butter will work too. Vegetable or canola oil will yield a moister loaf than one made with butter.
- Eggs– If you aren’t sure if your eggs are good, do a water test. Place the eggs in a bowl of water, if they sink, they are good to use, but if they float, throw them out.
- Milk– You can use any milk you prefer including dairy-free milk.
- Flour- Spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup to measure it correctly. Don’t use the measuring cup to scoop the flour, you’ll use more flour than you should.
- Baking soda and baking powder – Baking powder loses its potency rather quickly, and your recipe won’t rise properly if it’s too old. You can test your baking powder for freshness. Simply, pour a little baking powder into hot water — if it fizzes, it’s still good to use! To test baking soda, place a few tablespoons of vinegar in a small dish and stir in about a teaspoon of baking soda. The mixture should immediately begin to fizz if the baking soda is still active; if there’s little to no reaction, it’s time to replace it.
- Spices and seasonings– Cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg are used to give sweet fall flavors.
- Pecans– Chopped pecans work best for this recipe.
How to Make Easy Apple Bread
This isn’t your ordinary quick bread. It’s packed with Fall spices with a delicious apple kick.
PREP: First, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, grease two 8×4 inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
PREPARE BATTER: Mix the wet ingredients and sugar: With an electric mixer, combine the sugar, applesauce, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Next, combine seasonings, flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat on low just until combined. Then, fold in your pecans.
POUR AND BAKE: Pour your batter into the greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour.
COOL AND ENJOY: Take your apple bread out of the oven and allow it to cool in the pans for 5-minutes. Then, remove and transfer to a cooling rack. Serve and Enjoy!
Apple Bread Recipe FAQs
Does cinnamon apple bread need to be refrigerated?
No, you do not need to refrigerate your bread. In fact, this apple bread keeps fresh for up to 4 days at room temperature as long as you wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to keep it moist. However, it is delicious cold, warm or room temperature.
How do I make the bread moist again?
If you have left your quick bread out and it has become stale and dry, you can moisten it back up. Simply soak your bread in a bowl of cold water briefly. Then, place it back in the oven for about 7 minutes.
Why is my apple bread dense? If you find that your apple bread came out dry and dense, there may be a couple of reasons why this happened. First, you may have overmixed the batter. The more you mix the batter, the more gluten will develop. The result will be dry, rubbery bread. Simply mix until moist, and then stop.
Secondly, you could have overcooked the bread. Check your apple loaf with a toothpick to see if it is done. If the toothpick comes out clean — or with a crumb or two sticking to the toothpick — it’s ready. If the toothpick has raw batter sticking to it, return the apple loaf cake back in the oven for 5 minutes, and then check it again.
Can I freeze apple bread?
Yes, this apple bread freezes well for up to 3 months as a full loaf or cut into slices. Allow the bread to cool completely then double wrap with plastic wrap and store in a freezer bag. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Pro Tips for the Best Apple Bread
- Use metal pans for quick bread. Metal heats up faster and will result in a better rise and crisp, brown edges. This aluminized steel loaf pan is my favorite for perfect loaves of quick bread.
- Don’t over-mix your batter.
- Don’t over-bake your loaf.
- Apple bread made with vegetable oil is moister than bread made with butter.
- Measure ingredients accurately. Incorrect dry ingredients (like flour) will make the bread dry.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar: If you want a little more sweetness, brush warm loaf with a little melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Like This Apple Bread Recipe? Pin It!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Connect with TidyMom! Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Cinnamon Apple Bread
This easy CINNAMON APPLE BREAD is loaded with applesauce, chopped pecans, and warm spices. A moist, delicious quick bread recipe that makes the perfect fall treat.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup butter, melted (or canola oil)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ cup chopped pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray two 8x4 loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed combine sugar, applesauce, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla until well blended and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the applesauce mixture, beat on low just until combined. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into greased loaf pans and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for about 5 minutes. Remove from pans and transfer to a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.
Great Recipe. I’m going to try this delicious food recipe. Thank you for this recipe.