Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake
Creamy pasta, melty swiss cheese, chicken and ham all under a crunchy topping.
Creamy pasta, melty swiss cheese, chicken, ham all under a crunchy topping makes this easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta a family favorite.
Pasta dishes are pretty standard in our house, from Three Cheese Baked Mostaccioli to Kicked Up Smoked Sausage Alfredo, to Baked Spaghetti Pie. We love pasta! and I love how quick most of them are to put together, they usually make a generous size dish (great for leftovers). What’s not to love? With red sauce, white sauce, ground beef, smoked sausage, bacon or chicken and more…not to mention all the varieties of pasta the possibilities are endless, you never have to feel like you are eating the same meal.
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta is easy all on its own, but you can make it even quicker if you use pre-baked chicken. Some times I will use a rotisserie chicken from the store, but those can get costly, especially since we make a lot of chicken dishes at our house.
I like to buy bags of frozen chicken breasts (I’ll grab several when they are on sale), let them thaw overnight in the fridge, then I season them in a baking dish and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
After the chicken cools, I cut into cubes and place them in freezer bags. Ziploc® Brand now has Easy Open Tabs – If you haven’t seen these bags, you have to check them out – I think you are going to love them! The Ziploc® Easy Open Tabs bags have a handy tab that makes them easy to open AND they are color-coded so you can quickly identify the different types of bags! genius right? I love when brands make life easier for me!!
Once I have all the chicken cut up and bagged, I mark the bag, along with the date (tip: sometimes I cook the chicken outside on our grill) I then toss it in the freezer. This way I have cooked chicken at my ready for quick meals, any night of the week!
Like I mentioned before this Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake, is really pretty quick and simple. Simply make the cheesy cream sauce (with mozzarella and parmesan) while your pasta cooks – I love the way cheese clings to Rotini (spiral noodles), but you can use any small pasta.
Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add cooked chicken and ham (I purchased cubed ham- easy) and cheese sauce and mix into pasta.
Add half of the pasta mixture to a greased 9×13 pan, then place sliced swiss cheese over top then cover with remaining pasta. Generously sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and it’s ready for the oven.
Clean up and set the table and toss a salad while the pasta bakes for 25 minutes……and dinner is served!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 pound box rotini pasta, uncooked
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 3/4 cup cooked cubed ham
- 5-6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish by spraying with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Boil water for pasta in a large pot, and cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta cooks, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add heavy cream, milk, minced garlic, Worchestershire, dry mustard, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the Parmesan & Mozzarella, stir to combine and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the water and return to the pan. Stir in the chicken, ham, and sauce and mix to combine.
- Pour half of the pasta mixture into prepared baking dish. Place slices of swiss cheese evenly over the pasta. Pour remaining pasta over the cheese and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top of pasta.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top starts to brown and the edges are bubbly.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 721Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 785mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Disclaimer: I have a working relationship with Ziploc®. As always, all views and opinions, and my love for Ziploc® Easy Open Tabs bags, are all my own.