Caramel Filled Red Velvet Cookies
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Your favorite sugar cookie dough is quickly transformed into gorgeous red velvet cookies stuffed with a caramel surprise and topped with a drizzle of white chocolate. Caramel Filled Red Velvet Cookies recipe.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Table of Contents
Caramel Filled Red Velvet Cookies
I just can’t get thru December without red velvet cookies. These Caramel Filled Red Velvet Cookies are such a fun cookie! A surprise of gooey caramel is waiting on the inside…and make a festive cookie for a holiday cookie tray!
These glorious cookies start with your favorite sugar cookie recipe ( you could also use a bagged sugar cookie mix or even premade refrigerated sugar cookie dough) and stuff a Rolo inside! Super easy.
How to Make Filled Red Velvet Cookies
Rolos aren’t just for the candy bowl, they are perfect for stuffing inside a cookie.
Start by dividing your cookie dough into 24-30 equal pieces. We do this by dividing the dough in half and each half in half…….and so on until pieces are roughly equal in size.
Take a piece of cookie dough and pat it out in your hand, lay the Rolo in the center. Pinch the cookie dough up around the candy to seal it, then use your hands to roll it into a ball. Toss in the oven and you’ll have Caramel Filled Red Velvet Cookies!!
We use this technique for any kind of stuffed cookie. So easy right?
If you don’t want red or messy hands, I keep some food-safe gloves on hand.
Caramel Filled Red Velvet cookies are perfect for the holidays, Valentines Day or any time of year!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Like This Caramel Filled Red Velvet Cookies Recipe? Pin It!
MORE Red Velvet Recipes you might enjoy:
Red Velvet Cookie Recipes from my friends:
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookies recipe at Foodie Crush
The Best Red Velvet Cookies recipe at Roxana’s Home Baking
Red Velvet Snowflake Cookies recipe at Created by Diane
Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies recipe at Two Peas and Their Pod
Red Velvet Crinkle Kiss Cookies recipe at Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Cookies ‘n Cream Marshmallow Red Velvet Cookies recipe at Eat Cake for Dinner
CHECK OUT HOW EASY THIS CARAMEL FILLED RED VELVET COOKIES RECIPE IS TO MAKE! WATCH THE VIDEO!
click to see more of my recipe videos
Your favorite sugar cookie dough is quickly transformed into gorgeous red velvet cookies stuffed with a caramel surprise and topped with a drizzle of white chocolate.
- 1 sugar cookie recipe, prepared (use your favorite recipe, bag mix or premade cookie dough)
- 1/4-1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon red food color
- 24-30 chocolate-covered caramel candies (such as Rolo)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment. Set aside.
- In a gallon-sized zip-top bag, place sugar cookie dough, cocoa powder and red gel food coloring together. Knead bag until ingredients are well combined.
- Evenly divide cookie dough into 24-30 even pieces. (I keep breaking cookie dough piece in half until pieces are roughly equal in size.)
- Place a piece of cookie dough in the palm of your hand and flatten it out like a thick disc . Place a Rolo in the middle of the dough and wrap the dough around it, rolling it into a ball to seal it. Continue until all dough has been rolled into cookie rounds.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 9-12 minutes, or just until they begin to set. Remove cookies and cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a zip-top bag. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of each cooled cookie. Allow chocolate to cool and harden before serving.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.