Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Parfaits
These Cheesecake Parfaits are layered with chocolate cookie crumbs, dark sweet cherries, and a no-bake cheesecake filling. It’s a sinfully easy and delicious make-ahead dessert for any occasion.
I might not always love the process of entertaining, but I do love all the food that comes with it! I jump for joy any time I get the chance to whip up some fun and easy party desserts like Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding with Raspberry Sauce, Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake Parfaits, or Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Shooters!
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Parfaits
Who says wine glasses are only good for wine?
Today we are taking dessert to a whole new level with these amazing chocolate cherry cheesecake parfaits assembled beautifully in an elegant wine glass. Whether you want to add a little class to your party or you just need to treat yourself in the middle of the week, this recipe is the one for you.
Let me tell you these parfaits have it all. They are the triple threat we all love; no-bake and simple to put together with insanely addicting flavor! It really doesn’t get any better than that. With freshly made sweet dark cherry sauce, subtly sweet cheesecake filling, and a delectable chocolate crust, you’ll be hooked after the first bite.
If just the thought of that flavor combo doesn’t have you drooling you, I just let the pictures to the rest of the talking…
How To Make Cheesecake Parfaits
There is nothing I love more than a simple recipe that takes minutes but looks like I slaved for hours to put together. That is exactly what you get with these cheesecake parfaits.
Start by preparing the cherry filling, cheesecake filling, and chocolate crust. While it might seem like a lot of things to prepare, DO NOT be intimidated! This recipe comes together in a flash and is completely beginner friendly!
Once you have all of your ingredients prepped, it’s time to put them together! Divide chocolate crumbs into 6 wine glasses, top chocolate crumbs with cheesecake filling and top with a big spoonful of the cherry filling. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
The parfaits will keep for up to three days the refrigerator and make for a great make-ahead dessert! Due to the nature of this recipe, it is not something that can be frozen, to keep for later. With how amazing they taste, you’re not going to have leftovers anyway!
Secrets For Creating Wow-Worthy Cheesecake Parfaits
Refrigerate the cherry filling: For the best results, you don’t want to skip the chilling process for the cherry filling. You’ll need to let it refrigerate for at least two hours to thicken and set up properly.
Skipping this step will leave you with warm runny that will ruin the look and taste of the parfait. No one has time for that mess and disaster, so just be patient, it will all be worth it in the end.
Serve in wine glasses or shooters: I personally love the elegant appearance of the dessert when served in a wine glass, but you by no means have to serve it that way. Any small glass or cup will suffice.
You can also serve these as shooters if you want smaller serving sizes. If assembled in shooter glasses, you can get up to 15 servings.
Tip the glass: If you choose to stick with the wine glass method of serving, here’s a quick tip to make them look restaurant quality every time.
When adding the chocolate crumbs and cheesecake filling tip the glass, allowing each mixture to fill the glass at a slant. The asymmetrical appearance will give you that extra pop to wow anyone you’re serving.
Garnish last: If you want to add that last little touch, then don’t forget to add some almonds and fresh mint right before you’re ready to serve. You won’t want to add the garnish in advance because they will get soggy and fall into the mixture.
There’s Never A Wrong Time For Cheesecake
Salted Caramel Cheesecake With Chocolate Ganache Caramel fans will be in heaven with this cheesecake recipe topped with a sticky caramel sauce, chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake A beautiful special occasion cake, this is two layers of red velvet cake with cheesecake in the middle. The whole cake is covered with cream cheese frosting.
Marbled Cheesecake Brownies A swirl of cheesecake turns a plain brownie mix into something special. These marbled brownies are great for any occasion topped with any of your favorite M&Ms
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins Breakfast has never been this decadent or delicious! Treat your family to cheesecake muffins this weekend and make breakfast an event they won’t soon forget.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Minis Small in size, big in flavor. This mini peanut butter cheesecake is like a little slice of heaven.
Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes With swirls of cinnamon sugar mixed into lightly cinnamon mini cheesecakes, these mini cheesecakes are super fun and so tasty! And since they’re “cinnamon rolls”, they are totally breakfast appropriate, right?
Like This Recipe For Cheesecake Parfaits? Pin It!
You’re Going To Want To Make Cheesecake Parfait Recipe Now!
Now that you’re at the end I’m sure you’re dying to make a batch of these right now! So don’t let me keep you any longer, it’s time to print out the recipe, grab your apron and get it going! Your taste buds will thank you later!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Dark Cherry Filling
- 12 ounces frozen dark sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (about half of a 14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 package Chocolate wafer cookies or (6-7 chocolate graham cracker sheets)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- sliced almonds
- fresh mint
- Using a medium saucepan combine cherries and honey over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Stir in whisky (if using) and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and stir until melted.
- In a extra small bowl, mix lemon juice with cornstarch and add to cherry filling. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir in the almond extract.
- Pour cherry filling into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
- Using and electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment whip softened cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Crush cookies (or graham crackers) to fine crumbs, using a food processor (or place them in a zip-top bag and roll with a rolling pin), add melted butter and mix until combined (will have a sand like texture)
- To Assemble: Divide chocolate crumbs into 6 wine glasses, top chocolate crumbs with cheesecake filling and top with a big spoonful of the cherry filling. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve. Parfaits will keep for up to three days.
- Top with sliced almonds and a fresh mint when serving.
- If you'd like to make these as dessert shooters, you should be able to get about 15 shooters out of one recipe.
- Wine Glasses
- Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware, Sauce Pan, 4 1/2-quart
- KitchenAid 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer
- KitchenAid 9-Cup Food Processor
- Anchor Hocking Glass Bowl Set - 10 pcs
- Set of 8 Dessert Shot Glasses
- Famous Chocolate Wafers Chocolate Cookies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.