Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake Parfait
This easy Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake Parfait will become your go-to dessert in your recipe box.
Strawberry shortcake has always been my all time favorite dessert. Partially because it’s SO easy to make, and partially because it’s just oh so good! It’s the quintessential strawberry dessert and it just screams summer. I’m happy to eat strawberry shortcake all year long, but of course it’s always best when strawberries are at their best.
Complicated desserts can be seriously delicious, but sometimes you just need something easy and satisfying. Strawberry Shortcake fits that bill to the T. (ever wonder where the phrase “to a t” came from?) You can choose the easy route and use the boxed Bisquick mix shortcake and canned whipped cream, or use your favorite recipe for either or both. You choose, but either way, it’s easy to put together and oh so easy to enjoy!
As I was washing the strawberries, Allison came up with the idea that we should add a layer of cheesecake pudding to these tasty little strawberry shortcake parfaits. She dug thru the pantry and as luck would have it…….we had a box of instant cheesecake pudding! I’m sure we are not the first people to add a layer of pudding to strawberry shortcake, but let me just say, it took my favorite dessert to a whole new level with a creamy smooth cheesecake layer!
Take a look at what you need to make Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake Parfait
It almost feels funny to even call it a recipe, when really all you do is layer the ingredients. Take a look how easy it is. Dangerously easy……… I worked on editing the photo’s over the course of two days……and I may have had stop for a parfait each day 😉
The Marzetti® Glaze for Strawberries was perfect! It made the strawberries sweet with out being runny. If you want to make this dessert completely no-bake – simply use store bought pound cake, angel food cake, whatever sounds good to you. If you’d like to make your Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake Parfait a little on the lighter side, you could use Marzetti® Sugar Free Strawberry Glaze, sugar-free instant pudding and low fat whip cream.
The cups we used were 8 ounces each, and were the perfect size. You can overfill them a little and still keep the portion reasonable.
How about the recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake Parfait
this post contains affiliate links
This easy Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake Parfait comes together in no time and will become your go-to dessert in your recipe box.
- 2 pint fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup Marzetti® Glaze for Strawberries
- 1 box (4-1/2 cup serving) Jell-O Instant Cheesecake Pudding & Pie filling
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/3 cups baking mix (I use Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- whip cream
- fresh mint leaves
- Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk for 2 minutes. Set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 4250 degrees F. Clean, hull and cut strawberries into bite size pieces. Mix strawberry glaze and strawberries together in a bowl and set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir baking mix, 1/2 cup milk, sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet (I like to use my stone). Brush the tops of the shortcakes with milk or cream (this helps brown the tops). Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- To Assemble (when ready to serve): Layer each cup with crumbles shortcake, glazed strawberries, cheesecake pudding, more crumbled shortcake, glazed strawberries and top with whip cream and a fresh mint leaf.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 575mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
More Strawberry Recipes you Might Enjoy:
Disclaimer: I have a working relationship with Marzetti® as part of their ambassador program. As always, all views and opinions are my own.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.