Strawberry & Chocolate Dessert Nachos
A clever twist on nachos! Dessert Nachos with strawberries and chocolate piled on sweet and crunchy cinnamon chips will be the hit of the party!
All week I’ve been talking about Back to School, and today I thought was the perfect time to share a treat we’ve been enjoying that would make you QUEEN Mom of the neighborhood if you severed this as an after school snack.
Just think of the looks you’ll get as your little one bounces off the big yellow bus, and you take their hand and say……
“Let’s go home! I made Strawberry & Chocolate Dessert Nachos!”
You better believe all the other kids will be following you home like the pied piper.
From the moment Sara of Our Best Bites mentioned this glorious concoction back in June I was all over it! I actually made it that very same day, we devoured it that night.
It would also make a great appearance on any party dessert table.
Make Strawberry & Chocolate Nachos for your crew! Then put your feet up for a job well done!
Strawberry and Chocolate Dessert Nachos
- 4-6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- butter, melted
- cinnamon sugar
- 1 pound strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut tortillas into wedges using a pizza cutter.
- Place tortilla wedges on ungreased baking sheet, sugar side up. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place chopped strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Stir and set aside for about 10 minutes so the sugar dissolves into a light syrup.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave, in 1 minute increments, stopping to stir each time, until melted.
- Arrange cinnamon sugar chips on platter or plate, top with strawberries and drizzle with melted chocolate. Garnish with whipped cream. Enjoy!!
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Like this Dessert Nachos Recipe? Pin It!
I’m Lovin’……. Strawberry and Chocolate Dessert Nachos
Now it’s your turn!
Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
What is I’m Lovin’ It? get all the info here *All photos submitted to the I’m Lovin It linky party, grant the rights to display their photo on this website and other sites I write for. Proper credit will always be given. TidyMom is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through TidyMom.net.