Creamy Italian Skroodle Pasta Salad
Creamy Italian Skroodle Pasta Salad features a medley of chopped veggies, combined with black olives, chicken or turkey (your choice) and corkscrew pasta all covered in a creamy Italian dressing. It makes a unique, mouthwatering dish that you are sure to love.
We love pasta at our house. You can usually find Roasted Red Pepper Fettuccine, Cheesy Ravioli Bake Casserole with Chicken, Beef and Ricotta Lasagna or some kind of pasta on our dinner plates at least once a week in some variety or another. I love that you could mix almost anything with pasta and it would be delicious.
Lately, I’ve been trying to make sure I eat lunch. For some reason when I work at home, I tend to skip lunch, usually because I don’t want to stop and make something.
Last week I remembered a creamy pasta salad with a funny name that my mom used to make all the time after Thanksgiving with leftover turkey. It was a family favorite I hadn’t thought about in years. I knew if I had a big bowl of flavorful pasta salad sitting in my fridge, I’d have no trouble grabbing a bowl full for lunch.
What is skroodle salad or skroodle pasta?
Skroodle or scroodle is just another name for Rotini, a corkscrew-shaped pasta. The funny name is mostly used in the US, and Skroodle Salad is what my mom always called it. Way more fun than Creamy Italian Rotini Salad right?
This is a creamy tangy pasta salad, thanks to the centerpiece of the recipe, Marzetti’s Sweet Italian Dressing. The dressing creeps inside every rotini noodle, so each bite is delicious.
Tip: For pasta that is going to be served cold or room temperature
1. Cook pasta in heavily salted water. Pasta for a cool pasta salad should be well-seasoned while it cooks, use 4 tablespoons of salt per 4 quarts of water.
2.Cook it just a little beyond al dente, so that the pasta stays soft when it cools. Let pasta cook for an extra minute than what you normally would for al dente. Then run the drained pasta under cool water to stop the cooking.
3. Dress warm pasta. The dressing will coat the pasta better if placed over warm pasta, rather than cold.
It can be enjoyed as a main dish or sans the meat and serve as a side dish. This pasta salad is perfect for picnics, potlucks, parties, or everyday eating—-like lunch! Enjoy!
Grab an apron, we’re making Creamy Italian Skroodle Pasta Salad
Creamy Italian Skroodle Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 cup Marzetti Sweet Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sprinkle with paprika, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Heavily salt the water and stir in the pasta. Cook one minute past al dente. Rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, chop vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine warm pasta with all other ingredients, stir until well combined.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Like this Creamy Italian Skroodle Pasta Salad? Pin It!
So tell me………do you eat lunch every day? If so, what’s your favorite “go to” lunch?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by T. Marzetti Company as part of a compensated partnership. All views and opinions are my own.