Orange Buttermilk Pancakes
Orange Buttermilk Pancakes-light and fluffy pancakes with a hint of orange served with whipped orange honey butter make a perfect spring breakfast!
Originally I got up recently and was going to make a big stack of buttermilk pancakes for sunday breakfast. I got in the kitchen, pulled out the skillet and all the ingredients when suddenly I wasn’t feeling it, I wanted pancakes with a fresh twist.
These Orange Buttermilk Pancakes are light and fluffy and oh so delicious! We all loved them and have even polished off the extra orange pancakes I put in the freezer! You can definitely eat them as-is but I highly recommend smearing them with a little whipped Orange Honey Butter and a drizzle of maple syrup! These just might be one of my favorite pancakes yet……….next to pumpkin pancakes.
Orange Buttermilk Pancakes would be perfect for an Easter or Spring breakfast or brunch.
TIP: The secret to fluffy pancakes is to make sure the batter remains a little bit lumpy. Too much stirring will create a tough pancake.
- 1-3/4 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the baking mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, buttermilk, orange juice, butter, orange peel and vanilla.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moist; let stand 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown
- Serve with whipped orange honey butter
if you don't have buttermilk, you can add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar or lemon juice to 3/4 cup milk. Stir and let stand 5-10 minutes. Use curdled milk in recipe.
More Orange Recipe you might enjoy:
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera