Recipes

1 Ingredient Ice Cream | I’m Lovin’ It

Pulverize frozen bananas and they become soft serve “ice cream”.

1 Ingredient Ice Cream - learn how to make it at TidyMom.net

yep, you read that right………..frozen bananas can become a creamy cold treat just like soft serve ice cream!!

Mix in different add-ins and the possibilities are endless!  Allison added peanut butter to hers and sprinkled a few chocolate chips on top.  I tossed some pineapple in with mine, next time I’m going to add strawberries.

When I shared it on Instagram I received a few more ideas:

Love This 1 Ingredient Ice Cream at TidyMom.net

nestlefoodie: We add a little ovaltine to ours – kids go nuts over it!

annafogg1: We add in some almonds or almond butter and cocoa. Yum!!

michelledevore @tidymom it’s so yummy!!! We love to drizzle some chocolate on top and add some chopped peanuts!! It’s like a frozen banana!!

The key is to use really ripe bananas.  Head over to Two Peas and Their Pod, Maria shares step by step details on how to make Two Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream.  I used my Blendtec, but if you don’t have one, you’ll want to use a food processor instead.  It gets REALLY thick and you think it’s never going to turn soft – but trust me – just keep scraping it down occasionally, and suddenly, it will begin to turn to soft creamy goodness!!

This is too simple, not to try!! and way more healthy than eating a bowl of ice cream!!  We ate it right away, for soft serve consistency, but you could transfer to a resealable container and place in freezer for 3-4 hours, for a harder consistency.

What mix-ins would you add to this banana ice cream?

I'm Lovin It Party at TidyMom.net every week!

I’m Lovin’…….1 Ingredient “Ice Cream”

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!

*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

35 Responses to “1 Ingredient Ice Cream | I’m Lovin’ It”

1. Heather @ French Press posted on June 6, 2013 at 7:26 pm (#

{magic} ice cream is my new favorite…we made peanut butter chocolate chip this week!

2. Tieghan posted on June 6, 2013 at 7:29 pm (#

Thank for hosting Cheryl! Hoep you have had a great week!

Oh and I love banana “ice cream”! It really is magic!

3. Jelli posted on June 6, 2013 at 7:46 pm (#

Here in Costa Rica, we’re drowning in bananas. My little girl adores them, so we buy a big hand every week at the farmer’s market. Making smoothies, banana bread, AND this banana ice cream are my favorite ways to get rid of the ones that ripen too fast. Glad you’ve enjoyed the recipe too. I like the ice cream best with peanut butter and cocoa powder blended in. I use a mini food chopper to make it.

4. Lyuba@willcookforsmiles posted on June 6, 2013 at 8:03 pm (#

Love banana ice cream!

5. Lisa @hooplapalooza posted on June 6, 2013 at 8:27 pm (#

thanks for the party and the yummy banana treat :)

6. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on June 6, 2013 at 8:28 pm (#

This looks delicious! Thanks for hosting!

7. DesignedByBH posted on June 6, 2013 at 8:37 pm (#

Thanks for hosting another great party, Cheryl! :)

8. Liz Fourez posted on June 6, 2013 at 8:47 pm (#

I cannot WAIT to try that! It sounds so yummy and way healthier than the junk ice cream I usually eat! Thanks for the tip and the awesome party this week : )

xoxo Liz

9. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on June 6, 2013 at 9:14 pm (#

Thanks for the party! Have a super weekend!

10. Little Sis posted on June 6, 2013 at 9:19 pm (#

Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you’re having a great week!

11. Annie @ Annie's Noms posted on June 7, 2013 at 2:38 am (#

Loving this! I’m currently living off of banana milkshakes made with frozen bananas, they’re so great, so refreshing as well and it’s not naughty at all!! :)

12. Andi posted on June 7, 2013 at 5:03 am (#

Oh Yummmyy!!! I think I’d add coconut (or maybe a pina colada mix??)

13. Christine posted on June 7, 2013 at 5:27 am (#

Thanks for the PARTY Cheryl!!! :)

14. Cindy {crazylou} posted on June 7, 2013 at 7:17 am (#

I think my kids would love to try that ice cream!! Brilliant! Thank you for hosting!
    Cindy @ Crazylou

15. Brooke posted on June 7, 2013 at 8:18 am (#

Thanks so much for hosting, Cheryl! I can’t wait to try your ice cream (I have the same cute blue polka dot napkins)! Happy Friday to you.

16. Monica posted on June 7, 2013 at 8:49 am (#

I think I’d try it with peanut butter and chocolate chips. I only have a standard blender though.

17. Gina posted on June 7, 2013 at 8:58 am (#

Oh that is my kid’s favorite thing to do with bananas. So good Cheryl!

Have a great weekend!

18. Kristy, Life-n-Reflection posted on June 7, 2013 at 11:05 am (#

You are always so creative!

19. Auntiepatch posted on June 7, 2013 at 11:22 am (#

Coconut and chocolate! Yum!

20. Laura posted on June 7, 2013 at 11:22 am (#

Thanks so much for hosting the party, Cheryl! That soft serve looks amazing!!

21. Jennifer posted on June 7, 2013 at 11:32 am (#

I have seen that Yonana machine but its pricey and a one trick pony. Do you freeze the bananas in the skin or out of the skin? Whole or cut?

22. nessa posted on June 7, 2013 at 12:36 pm (#

We have a Yonanas machine, which turns bananas and other fruit into soft-serve ice cream. It’a delicious and the kids love it!

23. Angie | Big Bear's Wife posted on June 7, 2013 at 12:44 pm (#

mmmmmmmm I’m making this tonight actually! haha, bought my bananas yesterday. Going to add chocolate and peanut butter to mine and then freeze them into Popsicles.

24. Susan @ Oh My! Creative posted on June 7, 2013 at 1:27 pm (#

The weeks are flying by, aren’t they?! Can’t believe it is the weekend…have a good one!

25. Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective posted on June 7, 2013 at 7:04 pm (#

I add chocolate chips and coconut to mine!

26. Raquel @ Organized Island posted on June 7, 2013 at 8:45 pm (#

Thank you for the party! Hope your move is going well!

27. Tanya posted on June 7, 2013 at 9:05 pm (#

Thank you so much for a great party Cheryl, have a wonderful weekend!

xo, Tanya

28. Grandma Loy posted on June 8, 2013 at 3:13 pm (#

My fave mix-in for banana ice cream is chocolate-covered toffee bits. The crunch of the toffee bits against the smoothness of the ice cream is really yummy. Of course, the little bit of chocolate in there helps, too. Thanks for hosting this always great party. Have a great week.

29. Jessica Donnovan posted on July 1, 2013 at 9:06 pm (#

Perfect for kids!

I’ll make a deal with my two kids that if they fix their bed room after sleeping I’ll make them banana ice cream!

Great bargain right? It’s so easy to prepare! I’ll just buy some add-ins that they might want to put in their ice cream!

Awesome idea!

Jessica

1. Pingback: Potty Training Tools for Success | Jellibean Journals

2. Pingback: Agua Dulce | Jellibean Journals

3. Pingback: Driftwood Vase Tutorial {DIY Coastal Decor} - Simplicity in the South

4. Pingback: Decoupaged Magnetic Map Tray - Simplicity in the South