Holiday

Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry & Sweet Cream Cheese Filling

Red Velvet Crepes recipe at TidyMom.net

I’m a big fan of chocolate, so there’s no questioning my love for red velvet………it’s a given.  So, a week ago when I was making  red velvet pancakes, it occurred to me how delicious red velvet crepes might be!

I was first turned on to making crepes when Jeffrey Saad made Nutella Crepes for us in Napa with Bush’s Beans a while back.

So I decided to use the same recipe and turn it into red velvet!

Making Red Velvet Crepes recipe at TidyMom.net

I used my KitchenAid blender (which I LOOVE!) to mix up all of the ingredients until they are nice and foamy, then Jeffrey says the key to great crepes is to let the batter sit, refrigerated, for about an hour before cooking.

Filling Red Velvet Crepes recipe at TidyMom.net

I had some cream cheese topping left over from the pancakes, so I tossed some in a decorator bag and used a jumbo french decorating tip to pipe over a little Smucker’s Raspberry Preserves. – oh my word was that a good combo!

*you don’t have to be fancy though, you could just spoon the filling, or place some in a plastic baggy, snip the tip off and pipe filling over preserves (no decorator tip needed)

Rolling Crepes at TidyMom.net

I then just folded both sides over, put them on a plate, melted a little Nutella in the microwave and drizzled over the top.  You could do the same with chocolate or even chocolate syrup if you want.

Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry & Cream Cheese Filling recipe at TidyMom.net

These were AMAZING!  You could taste the red velvet perfectly, the sweet cream cheese filling was not overly sweet, the raspberry preserves gave each bite an unexpected surprise and the Nutella just pushed it over the top.

As rich as they may look and sound, I have to say, they weren’t that overly disgusting rich at all.  They would make a beautiful Valentines Day breakfast severed with some fruit or served as a dessert.

Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry & Sweet Cream Cheese Filling

Yield: 12 large or 16 small

Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry & Sweet Cream Cheese Filling

These Red Velvet crepes will satisfy a multitude of cravings with raspberry preserves and a kicked up sweet cream cheese filling to the Nutella drizzled over top.

Ingredients

• 2 eggs
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • pinch salt
  • 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • dash of vanilla
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1½ Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
  • red food color
  • extra butter to cook with
  • Raspberry Preserves
  • Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
  • Nutella (or chocolate)
  • Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
  • 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • ½ tsp lemon juice
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/ 2 cup ricotta
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp strong coffee
  • 1 tsp rum (optional)

Instructions

1. Combine 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, milk, water, salt, sugar, vanilla food color, and melted butter in a blender and pulse until foamy.
  2. Add flour and cocoa powder and pulse until smooth. Let the batter sit for an hour.
  3. Prepare Cream Cheese Filling by mixing all filling ingredients with mixer until well combined and smooth, set aside.
  4. After batter sits for one hour, heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook until the top loses its gloss, which should only take a minute, then flip. The bottom should be golden. Cook the other side for about 15 seconds and then slide out onto a plate.
  5. Repeat with remaining batter.
  6. Prepare crepes by spreading a one inch wide strip of raspberry preserves down center of crepe, then top with cream cheese filling.
  7. Fold each side of crepe over filling and plate.
  8. Melt Nutella in microwave for about 30 seconds and drizzle over crepes.

© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

NEW FEATURE: Save recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!

photographing FOOD® ebooks

Red Velvet Pancakes_TidyMom

Want more Red Velvet for breakfast? I’m so honored to be over at Recipe Girl today sharing my Red Velvet Pancakes

Lori, Recipe Girl and I were roommates for our Girl Hunter Weekend back in December.  It was our first time meeting in person, and I was thrilled to get to know Lori better.  She’s such a sweet person and I think we clicked like we had known each other for years.

Lori will be sharing some of her kitchen organization secrets here on TidyMom tomorrow!

So pop over and check out my pancakes and RecipeGirl.com which houses a collection of more than 2,500 original and adapted recipes! – It’s no surprise that she’s working on The Recipe Girl Cookbook, which will be published by Wiley in Spring 2013.

Both  Red Velvet Crepes and Red Velvet Pancakes would be the perfect way to indulge your sweetheart on Valentines Day!  Do you make anything special for Valentines Day?

I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!Made by You MondayGet Your Craft on , Weekend Wrap Up Party, Pity Party

97 Responses to “Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry & Sweet Cream Cheese Filling”

1. Paula posted on February 6, 2012 at 6:14 am (#

What time is breakfast served in your house and is their room at the table for one more? My goodness, these look delicious.

• TidyMom replied on February 6th, 2012 at 6:17 am

Always room for more! Lol
      It’s so hard posting about food when I no longer have it in the house…….it always makes me hungry for it again. These were soooooo good I will be making them again soon!!!

2. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on February 6, 2012 at 6:41 am (#

oh man, now I know what I want for breakfast next weekend!

3. leslie posted on February 6, 2012 at 7:14 am (#

Amazing is an understatement!!!

4. Debbie Refresh Restyel posted on February 6, 2012 at 7:16 am (#

The are almost (I say almost) too pretty to eat :)
    Debbie

5. Katie posted on February 6, 2012 at 7:31 am (#

These look amazing!!!!

6. Kim | At Home With Kim posted on February 6, 2012 at 7:38 am (#

Cheryl, this is a GREAT recipe… I’m trying to decide if I’ll serve it for a breakfast treat or for a dessert to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Either way, my family will love it!!! Have a super start to your week….

7. Lori @ RecipeGirl posted on February 6, 2012 at 7:48 am (#

Oh my gosh… I’m in love with these as much as your red velvet pancakes! This is totally worth breaking my diet for!

8. Maria posted on February 6, 2012 at 8:28 am (#

I love red velvet! These are perfect for the day of love:)

9. Cheri posted on February 6, 2012 at 8:37 am (#

These look delicious! Will be trying these out soon!

10. Jenny Flake posted on February 6, 2012 at 8:41 am (#

These look downright sinful! I wish so badly I had some for breakfast today! Mmmmm :) xoxo

11. Tracey posted on February 6, 2012 at 8:41 am (#

Wow. These are almost too beautiful to eat. I’d manage though. :)

12. northern cottage posted on February 6, 2012 at 8:44 am (#

these look seriously AMAZING….mmmm can’t wait!

13. Amy @ Living Locurto posted on February 6, 2012 at 8:54 am (#

YUM!!!!

14. Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch posted on February 6, 2012 at 8:54 am (#

These look amazing, Cheryl! I love red velvet anything and can’t wait to try these!

15. bridget {bake at 350} posted on February 6, 2012 at 9:04 am (#

I totally want a breakfast do-over now!!!

16. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted on February 6, 2012 at 9:10 am (#

so pretty!!

17. Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids posted on February 6, 2012 at 9:36 am (#

Amazing. Simply amazing. Your talent for creating delicious, beautiful food is truly a talent. These crepes look awesome! I have to attempt them this weekend.

18. laxsupermom posted on February 6, 2012 at 9:41 am (#

Those look so good! I love red velvet cake, too. thanks for sharing.

19. Amanda posted on February 6, 2012 at 10:44 am (#

So beautiful Cheryl! You really raised the bar!

20. Lisa [With Style and Grace] posted on February 6, 2012 at 11:36 am (#

WOW! Just wow. Oh what I would give for just one…maybe two bites!

21. susan posted on February 6, 2012 at 12:00 pm (#

those look crazy, delicious. my kids would hug and kiss you if you came over and whipped some of those up!

22. Shaina posted on February 6, 2012 at 12:07 pm (#

Absolutely gorgeous. I love this idea. Love the cream cheese with coffee filling, too.

23. marty posted on February 6, 2012 at 12:24 pm (#

I love all things red-velvet. Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to indulge. This sounds amazing.

24. heather posted on February 6, 2012 at 12:24 pm (#

Those are so beautiful! I’m all about red velvet (as you know, lol). :)

25. naomi posted on February 6, 2012 at 1:11 pm (#

Seriously, I need to be your Valentiine! This looks delicious!

26. Kristen posted on February 6, 2012 at 1:19 pm (#

These are so beautiful! Love the red / white against the plate. So pretty.

27. Tina @ Babycakes Blog posted on February 6, 2012 at 1:23 pm (#

Those look absolutely delicious! I am a huge fan of chocolate and raspberry, so that combo sounds great with the red velvet crepes. You don’t have any problems with melting the Nutella in the microwave? I have wondered what would happen if I tried it since it says on the bottle not to microwave. Maybe they just mean not to microwave it in the bottle? I found you via the Made by you Monday Link Party.

28. Jessica @ How Sweet posted on February 6, 2012 at 1:26 pm (#

Can’t even get over how gorgeous these are. Love them!

29. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga posted on February 6, 2012 at 1:47 pm (#

Everyone’s red velvet creations look drool-worthy and so festive and I want all of them! So many fun ideas!

30. Caitlin posted on February 6, 2012 at 3:18 pm (#

what a great idea! the way you piped the filling in looks awesome. gotta try this!

31. ttpatterson posted on February 6, 2012 at 3:48 pm (#

Question…… Could you use a box cake mix instead of a scratch recipe and still get the same taste?

32. Russell van Kraayenburg posted on February 6, 2012 at 4:32 pm (#

This has got to be the coolest crepe recipe I’ve ever seen. Yum!

33. Mansi posted on February 6, 2012 at 4:59 pm (#

Thease look fab! all 3 ingredients to die for – Nutella, cream cheese and raspberries, and that red crepe blanket is a perfect wrapper for them!:) will surely be trying this out!

34. Diane {Created by Diane} posted on February 6, 2012 at 6:41 pm (#

oh yes, bring on the red velvet :) LOVE the raspberry filling too

35. HeatherChristo posted on February 6, 2012 at 7:45 pm (#

These are so unbelievable! You are so creative with the red velvet Cheryl!

36. Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] posted on February 6, 2012 at 9:11 pm (#

Whoa. I am so in love with these. They look like decadent red cannolis (sp?). I am craving dessert now!

37. Katrina posted on February 6, 2012 at 9:17 pm (#

These are perfect to make on Valentine’s Day! My kids would love these for breakfast. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you don’t mind that I “pinned” this up on my Pinterest page, crediting back to you :)

38. Molly posted on February 6, 2012 at 9:45 pm (#

These look like they’re to die for! Yum!

39. Krissy's Creations posted on February 6, 2012 at 10:02 pm (#

These are beautiful!!! Perfect for Valentines Day, and really any other day :)

40. Living The Sweet Life posted on February 6, 2012 at 10:25 pm (#

So gorgeous – – I love how sophisticated these look, yet they are still so fun and most importantly extremely delicious . This is why breakfast may just be my favourite meal :)

41. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on February 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm (#

Wow does that ever sound like an amazing combination!!

42. K&B N. posted on February 6, 2012 at 10:46 pm (#

It’s a new twist on red velvet cakes! Thanks

ratedkb.blogspot.com

43. Michelle @ Teagans Travels posted on February 6, 2012 at 11:18 pm (#

Oh my goodness! These.look.divine. Soooooo ready for a splurge on Valentine’s and we just need to have these! Would love it if you’d link up with my Tuesday party and post this!

44. Marialuisa posted on February 7, 2012 at 1:54 am (#

WOW, WONDERFUL CREPES!!!, and what a nice colour too.
    I have to try these.
    Thanks for sharing, I´m keeping the recipe.
    Love from the north of Spain
    Marialuisa

45. Sky-Lee Martin posted on February 7, 2012 at 2:02 am (#

Oh yes!!! Well done, these look awesome!

46. Amy Tong posted on February 7, 2012 at 2:51 am (#

These are gorgeous! Can’t wait to give your recipe a try. I love the way your finished it off with Nutella drizzle! What a perfect combination!

47. Jenn @therebelchick posted on February 7, 2012 at 11:42 am (#

These look amazing!

48. dana @ my little celebration posted on February 7, 2012 at 2:24 pm (#

These are GORG! Must make soon.

49. Sue posted on February 7, 2012 at 3:00 pm (#

Wow, the way you assemble them with the generous “strip” of cream cheese filling down the middle~Oh my GOODNESS!

50. Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies posted on February 7, 2012 at 5:12 pm (#

Wow, Cheryl! Fantastic idea. Love the contract of the cream cheese filling with the crepes – very festive!

1. Pingback: Red Velvet Pancakes with Sweet Cream Cheese Topping | RecipeGirl.com

2. Pingback: Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry & Sweet Cream Cheese Filling | *bespoke* zine

3. Pingback: Best Pinterest Valentine Treats

4. Pingback: A Few of My Favourite Things - — Through My Looking Glass

5. Pingback: Valentine Recipes | Fun and Food Cafe

6. Pingback: Sweetapolita – Red Velvet & Cinnamon Layer Cake {and Red Velvet Love!}

7. Pingback: 25 Last-Minute Valentine Ideas!

8. Pingback: Valentine’s Day Roundup & LinkUp

9. Pingback: Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Crepes « Plating Up

10. Pingback: Weekly Recap: 2/6-2/12 | Cinnamon Bubbles

11. Pingback: valentine’s day treat ideas.

12. Pingback: Valentine Tastes You Still Have Time For | She's Becoming DoughMessTic

13. Pingback: Red Velvet Crepes with Sweet Cream Cheese Filling | Prevention RD

14. Pingback: lydia rodriguez (tiniya) | Pearltrees

15. Pingback: Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookie Recipe | TidyMom

16. Pingback: Red Velvet Crepes with Cheesecake Mousse and Raspberry Sauce | Real Mom Kitchen

17. Pingback: Valentine Cupcakes | Rose Cupcakes | TidyMom

18. Pingback: Red Velvet & Cinnamon Layer Rose Birthday Cake | TidyMom

19. Pingback: 25+ Delicious Red Velvet Recipes | A Night Owl Blog

20. Pingback: 15 Romantic Desserts

21. Pingback: 27 Red Velvet Desserts That Want To Be Your Valentine | GossipViews.com

22. Pingback: 27 Red Velvet Desserts That Want To Be Your Valentine - zdouf!

23. Pingback: Jeobox – 27 Red Velvet Desserts That Want To Be Your Valentine

24. Pingback: 27 Red Velvet Desserts That Want To Be Your Valentine »

25. Pingback: 27 Red Velvet Desserts That Want To Be Your Valentine | Stash Feed

26. Pingback: Valentine’s Day Recipe Inspo | The Skinny on Health

27. Pingback: Fabulous Friday: We’re Seeing Red..Velvet! » Pure Luxe Bride

28. Pingback: Last Minute {Valentines Day} Recipes & Treats - The Crafted Sparrow

29. Pingback: Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry & Sweet Cream Cheese Filling | *bespoke* magazine australia