Family

Coca Cola Cupakes: I’m Lovin’ It

50th birthday party guests

We had a little party last weekend. My husband turned the big FIVE- O!  I’m not going to poke fun of the old guy, because I’ll be there in 2.5 years and if I dish it out, I’ll have to take it too………and I’m not prepared for that!  Although in his old age, maybe he’d forget by the time I’m there!  ooops ;)

If you know me, you know I’m a bit of a reluctant entertainer, but I tried my best to channel my inner Sandy and let some of my inhibitions go.  We had the party at my sister-in-laws gorgeous property, so I didn’t have to fret over not having enough room.  I didn’t worry about a theme, coordinating colors, adorable printables or fancy food.  I let my sister-in-law and niece help me with the food and setting up, and the rest, I just “let it happen’.

And you know what happened?  We had an AMAZING time!

Such a great time, that I didn’t take any pictures – other than the group shot above and that was with my phone that I handed off to someone else! (is that not the most awesome playhouse you’ve ever seen?  it even has air conditioning/heat and a bathroom!)

Don’t you just love parties like that……….where you just enjoy the company and good food?!

Our party had, pulled pork (which I ordered from a butcher already cooked and ready to go), cheesy potatoes,  Alfredo noodles, corn, Bush’s Grillin’ Beans, Apple Pie (from Costco), brownie bites and cookies (from Costco) and I made cupcakes!……oh my did i make cupcakes!

Coca Cola Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting at Tidymom.net

Pin It

Back in April, Heather from Sprinkle Bakes posted a cupcake recipe that had my husband’s name all over it…….. Peanuts in my Coke cupcakes.  You see, he bleeds Coke and Peanut Butter.  So Coca-Cola Cupcakes with Salted Peanut Butter Frosting was a no brainier for his party.

Steve doesn’t drop peanuts in his Coke, like they do in the south, but the flavor combination was a perfect match and huge hit at the party!  I doubled Heather’s recipe and got 24 cupcakes and had icing left over, so I whipped up a batch of French Vanilla cupcakes, doctoring the cake mix like I always do, and topped them with the peanut butter frosting as well.

As my husband put it………BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!  I would call that a success!

Have you ever tried peanuts in Coke? Have any fond memories of the combination?

cupcake wrappers from Sweet Baking Supply

I'm Lovin It Party at TidyMom.net every week!

I’m Lovin’…….Coca Cola Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!

*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

52 Responses to “Coca Cola Cupakes: I’m Lovin’ It”

1. Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons posted on September 13, 2012 at 8:42 pm (#

Thanks for hosting Cheryl! Those Coke cupcakes look awesome!

2. tanya posted on September 13, 2012 at 8:45 pm (#

That is one heck of a play house!! The picture with family and friends is wonderful!!! Thanks for the party Cheryl! The cupcakes look amazing. Hope your husband had a great birthday!

3. Mary Beth|Cupcakes and Crinoline posted on September 13, 2012 at 8:45 pm (#

Happy Birthday to your husband, Cheryl ~ I’m sort of partial to September Birthdays : ) I have one and so does my middle son. The cupcakes look fabulous! Thanks also for hosting and have a truly wonderful weekend. hugs, Mary Beth

4. Lyuba @willcookforsmiles posted on September 13, 2012 at 8:48 pm (#

Happy birthday to your hubby, the cupcakes look awesome!
    Thank you so much for the party!

5. Roxana posted on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 pm (#

Happy birthday to your husband! If you call that a small party, I can only imagine what a big party is!
    The cupcakes look stunning!

6. marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings posted on September 13, 2012 at 9:18 pm (#

those cupcakes are so stinking adorable and they sound so delicious!

7. mel posted on September 13, 2012 at 9:18 pm (#

Thanks for hosting, this is my first time linking up, I’m excited!

8. Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers posted on September 13, 2012 at 9:30 pm (#

Thanks for hosting Cheryl!

9. kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor posted on September 13, 2012 at 9:47 pm (#

Thanks so much for hosting, Cheryl! Love the family pic…and the cupcakes look amazing {love the coke cap picks…so creative}!

{HUGS},
    kristi

10. Laurel (@abubblylife) posted on September 13, 2012 at 10:13 pm (#

New to your party, thank you for having it! Just added your link to my post!

11. Paula posted on September 13, 2012 at 10:29 pm (#

That was one big birthday gathering! Happy Belated birthday to your husband :). It certainly sounded like a lot of fun for both the birthday *boy* and for all his guests (the kids looked like they were having a blast on the video clip)
    I’ve never heard of putting peanuts in coke but I’m all over these gorgeous cupcakes! They look amazing and I love your little coke bottle top decorations. All the best to your husband for the BEST YEAR EVER!

12. Jocelyn posted on September 13, 2012 at 11:36 pm (#

Those cupcakes are amazing looking!!! I always enjoy your photography so much!!! And coke with peanuts in it? I have never heard of it, much less try it. Not sure it’s something I want to do. Thanks for hosting the fun party!!!

13. Angie@Echoes of Laughter posted on September 14, 2012 at 12:32 am (#

Hi Cheryl! I love your Coke themed party! I have never tried peanuts in Coke and I have never heard of it before either! Glad your hubby loved it! Thank you so much for hosting! Angie xo

14. Sarah @ Alderberry Hill posted on September 14, 2012 at 4:49 am (#

Oh wow! Those cupcakes look amazing…thanks for hosting!

15. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar posted on September 14, 2012 at 6:07 am (#

So fun! And tasty looking :)

16. Stephanie@Henry Happened posted on September 14, 2012 at 6:46 am (#

I’m crazy about these! pinned them as soon as I saw the pic :)

17. Joan@Chocolate and More posted on September 14, 2012 at 6:48 am (#

Happy Birthday to hubby! I’m right there with you (on the approaching myself) but I try not to think about it. I also bribe my kids with sugary treats to tell me I look like I’m only 21, lol. We all know it’s not true but when I’m 90 and in my nursing home and my son comes to visit and tells me I still look like I’m only 21, all the other old ladies will know I raised him right! I’ll have to put these cupcakes on my list for future bribes. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

18. Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch posted on September 14, 2012 at 7:44 am (#

Happy Birthday to your sweetie! How hilarious! I just posted Coca-Cola Cake today and talked all about dropping peanuts in our Coke. Love it!

19. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on September 14, 2012 at 8:07 am (#

I have wonderful memories of my dad dropping peanuts in his Coke bottle. When we were little, everyone would go up to the bar after church on Sunday morning. The bar, I know. ??? But there was no other place open! Nobody had a beer at that time, but everyone had a Coke. And my dad always bought a little bag of Planter’s peanuts and dropped a dozen or so down the bottle. Thanks for the instant happy transport to childhood! And happiest birthday to your husband – your cupcakes look super fun and delicious!

20. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted on September 14, 2012 at 8:28 am (#

Well, your husband is one lucky man… even if he does have to put up with a little taunting. These look crazy-good!

21. Gina posted on September 14, 2012 at 8:30 am (#

Now doesn’t that look divine!!!! A very Happy Birthday to him. What a great way to celebrate!

22. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted on September 14, 2012 at 9:20 am (#

oh wow love these too!

23. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on September 14, 2012 at 11:20 am (#

What a cute family photo!!!!

24. Colette @ JFF! posted on September 14, 2012 at 11:32 am (#

Cola cupcakes? Count me IN!

25. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies posted on September 14, 2012 at 1:51 pm (#

I had no idea peanuts and Coke were even a thing–ha! Now I’m curious. The cupcakes are absolutely gorgeous–it looks like you all had a great time!

26. Carolyn posted on September 14, 2012 at 2:58 pm (#

LOL, you just had to get that one little poke in at your hubby, eh? Cupcakes look great!

27. Kristy Life-n-Reflection posted on September 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm (#

how retro!

28. K Coake posted on September 14, 2012 at 7:15 pm (#

Thanks so much for hosting!

29. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on September 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm (#

Okay I have never heard of dropping peanuts in coke, that’s a new one for me. Glad to hear the party was a raging success and the birthday boy was happy!

30. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on September 15, 2012 at 5:40 pm (#

The coca-cola cupcakes look awesome. Thanks for hosting.

31. marla posted on September 15, 2012 at 10:48 pm (#

Cheryl, so glad to hear you had such a great & relaxing time at your hubs party. Happy b’day to him. These cupcakes are adorable :)

32. Jenni@MomEssentials.Net posted on September 16, 2012 at 9:30 am (#

Hi!
    Thanks for letting me share my own recipe of tasty and delicious
    Healthy Pumpkin Cookies!

33. Brian @ A Thought For Food posted on September 16, 2012 at 3:01 pm (#

Huh! I’ve never thought to put pretzels in my coke… but it’s kind of an interesting idea! These cupcakes look fab and must have been a wonderful way to celebrate his big five-oh!

34. susan posted on September 16, 2012 at 3:29 pm (#

so loving the bit of nostalgia in those bottle caps. love the group photo as well!

35. HeatherChristo posted on September 17, 2012 at 10:25 pm (#

These are so completely adorable, and such a unique flavor! I love it! (Happy Birthday to your other half!)

36. bridget {bake at 350} posted on September 18, 2012 at 2:34 pm (#

First….HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet hubby!!! 5-0! Woot!!!

Second…peanuts in Coke bring back so many memories of flying with Delta. Many of the other girls I flew with ere true Southerners and introduced me to it. I haven’t thought about that in ages! I know these cupcakes are amazing!

Third….looks like such a great time! I think relaxed parties are the BEST parties! :)

1. Pingback: Easy Rub ‘n Buff Metallic Pumpkins | Decorchick! Changing her world, one project at a time

2. Pingback: Strawberry Brownie Ghost Bites « Blondie and Brownies

3. Pingback: DIY Wall Art ~ Gather Sign –

4. Pingback: Apple Peanut Butter Cookies

5. Pingback: Get the Balance Right — Homemade Caramel Corn, 4 ways « EmmaEats…and Katie too!

6. Pingback: Chocolate Yogurt Granola Bars | Jen's Favorite Cookies