I know, I know…….Pizza Pancakes?……sounds gross right?………..but hang with me, I think you’ll be surprised!
I’ve mentioned before that we love pizza at our house, so I’m always looking for new ways to eat it, like homemade pizza rolls or grilled pizza. So the other day when I was making banana granola pancakes, I thought “why not pizza?” No, not the kind with sugar and syrup but pancakes infused with all your favorite pizza toppings , then dunk them in the pizza sauce, just like the pizza rolls.
So I beg of you, this weekend, or one crazy hectic week night, warm up the griddle, grab your favorite pizza toppings and some Bisquick, flip a stack of these pancakes and dip in warm pizza sauce! YUM!! Open a bag of Caesar salad and VIOLA! you have dinner!
Summary: A fun twist on pizza, using a basic pancakes recipe and adding favorite pizza toppings.
- 2 cups Bisquick (baking mix)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian (Pizza) cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped or mini pepperoni
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Pizza sauce, for dipping
- Parmesan Cheese, garnish
- Heat griddle or skillet and grease, if necessary
- In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick mix, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Combine eggs and milk and stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheeses and pepperoni.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup onto hot griddle, cook until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Cut pancakes with pizza cutter in to 4 triangles, garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Variations: substitute pepperoni, for meat of choice, such as hamburger, sausage, or bacon.
Makes 10-14 pancakes.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
These would freeze well, and aren’t bad left over either. They’d make a great after school snack or lunch box treat too!!
What’s your favorite way to eat pizza?
I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!