Holiday

Halloween Cupcakes

Easy to make rich dark chocolatey Spider and Spiderweb Cupcakes, perfect for a Halloween party and fun to make!

Easy Spooky Spider Cupcakes at TidyMom.net

I’m not really sure how it became October……but it’s suddenly here.  Heck, it’s actually half over! HA  I thought I better get a move on some Halloween treats before it passes me right by.

Easy Spooky Spider Cupcakes at TidyMom.net

It all started when I stopped at World Market about a month ago.  I just love that store, especially at Halloween!  They have so much fun decor, party supplies, food and even Halloween wine and beer.

I picked up these cute spider cupcake stands.

So, I baked cupcakes!  Genius, I know right? lol

I mixed up a batch of  Perfect Cupcakes using a mix  ‘recipe’ using a box of  Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge  topped them with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting tinted orange and chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.

Spiderweb Cupcakes

•  spread a little orange frosting on top of cupcake with an offset spatula.
  •  using a tube of Wilton Black Decorator Icing and a #5 Round Icing Tip and coupler, draw 3-4 circles on top of orange frosting
  • using a toothpick pull outward from the center black circle to the outer circle to create your cobweb, repeating around the cupcake about six times .

Boo and Eek Cupcakes

Spider Cupcakes

If you’re feeling extra indulgent, fill a 16″ decorator bag with frosting and using a #7 tip, squeeze a little frosting into each cupcake before decorating.

Also used:

Black cupcake liners

Orange Gel Paste

Easy Spooky Spider Cupcakes at TidyMom.net

Enjoy!!

Have you done any Halloween baking yet? if not are I’d love to hear what you are planning on making!

More Halloween Treats you might enjoy:

Halloween Cupcakes with Bats

Halloween cupcakes

Hairy Spider Cookies

hairy spider cookies

Spider Web Cookies

Halloween cookies

Spooky Spider Pancakes

Spider Pumpkin Pancakes

photographing FOOD® ebooks

57 Responses to “Halloween Cupcakes”

1. Kulsum at JourneyKitchen posted on October 17, 2011 at 7:06 am (#

Love those cupcake holders. How cute are they. I’m not into frosting on cupcakes (yeah!) but this look so adorably scary

2. Simple Girl posted on October 17, 2011 at 7:27 am (#

FYI I found those cute cupcake holders at Target, too! (In case you don’t live by a World Market!) :-)

3. Michele @ The Scrap Shoppe posted on October 17, 2011 at 7:56 am (#

These are too fun!! I love the googly eyes on the spider. :)

4. Maria posted on October 17, 2011 at 8:02 am (#

Wow, these are awesome! Great photos too!

5. Jenny Flake posted on October 17, 2011 at 8:14 am (#

Perfect Halloween cupcakes! So fun and festive :)

6. Cookbook Queen posted on October 17, 2011 at 8:15 am (#

Love those stands!! I wish we had a World Market around here.

7. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted on October 17, 2011 at 8:22 am (#

Cheryl, those cupcakes are WAY cute! I need to nab some of those spider stands.

8. Deliciously Organic posted on October 17, 2011 at 8:35 am (#

Cuteness! I love the spider stands!

9. marla posted on October 17, 2011 at 8:44 am (#

Love these Cheryl…..especially that sweet and goofy spider. So excited for Halloween over here!
    xxoo

10. SweetSugarBelle posted on October 17, 2011 at 9:07 am (#

Those spider legs are the cutest things ever…sigh. WHERE DID October go?!

11. Phyllis posted on October 17, 2011 at 9:18 am (#

Love your cupcakes.

12. Joanne - Craft Passion posted on October 17, 2011 at 9:39 am (#

How creatives these cupcakes are!!!! Specially love the spider with the cupcake holder as it legs….

13. susan posted on October 17, 2011 at 10:14 am (#

great timing, Cheryl. I am doing a round up and these are just what I need! happy halloween.

14. HeatherChristo posted on October 17, 2011 at 10:32 am (#

Absolutely adorable! So wonderfully fun- my kids enjoyed just looking at the pictures of the cupcakes- they didn’t even have to taste them!

15. trisha posted on October 17, 2011 at 11:17 am (#

these are so fun! I love the spider cupake holder, what a fantastic idea. EEEEEEEEEK is right – in a good way.

16. Diane {Created by Diane} posted on October 17, 2011 at 12:15 pm (#

cute cupcakes, those spider stand are so fun! Yes, where did October go?

17. aida mollenkamp posted on October 17, 2011 at 1:04 pm (#

The spiderweb cupcakes are adorable — I’m definitely going to have to borrow that idea this Halloween.

18. teresa posted on October 17, 2011 at 2:12 pm (#

Cutest~spookiest~happiest~scariest~Halloween cupcakes ever!
    LOVE the wood cake stand!
    What a HAPPY kitchen you must have!
    Wish I could come watch you bake!
    xoxoxoxooxox

19. Amy @ Living Locurto posted on October 17, 2011 at 2:17 pm (#

Love these! Your photos are awesome!

20. Mique posted on October 17, 2011 at 2:42 pm (#

My kids would be ALL over these- fun!! Thanks Cheryl!

21. Paula posted on October 17, 2011 at 4:58 pm (#

Yes, my goodness! October is nearing it’s end and I’m still wondering where my September went! These cupcakes are so cute and fun and I love that spider cupcake holder (your fuzzy little purple bugs and spiders are adorable too!)

22. Tesa @ 2 Wired 2 Tired posted on October 17, 2011 at 5:28 pm (#

These cupcakes are so creative & look delicious too! I’d love to try something like this sometime. I need more patience!

23. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on October 17, 2011 at 5:31 pm (#

I love that store, I always mange to find something I want every time I go. I love those spider cupcake stands and the funny little eyes too.

24. Georgia Pellegrini posted on October 17, 2011 at 6:00 pm (#

I love these! You’re so creative Cheryl. If only I had your mad skillz… ; )

25. Wenderly posted on October 17, 2011 at 6:42 pm (#

Each cupcake is as darling as the next!

26. Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com posted on October 17, 2011 at 7:39 pm (#

These are great and your pictures are awesome! I love World Market…one of my favorite stores!

27. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on October 17, 2011 at 9:07 pm (#

These photographs deserve to be published in a book/magazine! Wow! Stunning!!!

28. Vicki Bensinger posted on October 17, 2011 at 9:47 pm (#

Your spider cupcakes are precious. I love going into World Market they always have the most fun odds and ends. I’ll have to run in there and pick those spider stands up. What a hoot!

Please tell me how you did the photo with the spider and the words on the right and in 2 different colors. I need to learn more programs. Great photos.

29. Cookin' Canuck posted on October 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm (#

These are flippin’ amazing and I am absolutely in love with your styling.

30. Sandy @ RE posted on October 17, 2011 at 10:27 pm (#

You are brilliant. Yes, you are! :) Fun, Cheryl!

31. Claire @ Claire K Creations posted on October 17, 2011 at 11:05 pm (#

Oooh spooky! They look scarily scrumptious.

32. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted on October 18, 2011 at 6:09 am (#

so cute!!

33. Camille posted on October 18, 2011 at 8:14 am (#

These are too cute! I love the contrasting colors and simple design. The spide cupcake stands are fantastic. I think I will be picking some up today! Thanks for sharing.

34. The Cilantropist posted on October 18, 2011 at 9:26 am (#

LOOOOVE those spider cupcake holders! I have never seen them before but they are super cute!

35. bridget {bake at 350} posted on October 18, 2011 at 5:48 pm (#

I love those spider cupcakes!!! Too, too cute, Cheryl!!!

36. Sue posted on October 19, 2011 at 11:28 am (#

I just LOVE the spider stands~what a great find! Your styling looks like it should be in a magazine! Everything is just BOOtiful:)

37. Giselle (Baking-in-Heels) posted on October 19, 2011 at 8:22 pm (#

Too cute. I bought those same cupcake holders at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago.

38. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction posted on October 20, 2011 at 3:06 pm (#

These are so cute, Cheryl! I was just thinking this morning that I haven’t made anything fun for Halloween… I think I need to fix that this weekend!

39. angie {the arthur clan} posted on October 21, 2011 at 9:07 am (#

Love these Cheryl!

40. Jamie posted on October 25, 2011 at 8:00 am (#

OMG!! I love that little spider leg cupcake stand. I would love for you to stop by and link up your spider cupcakes to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to link up. I also have a link party for Halloween projects that I would love for you to link up to as well.

41. Angie @ Bigbearswife posted on October 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm (#

MY favorite would have to be the spider webs

1. Pingback: Celebrations Circle: Creepy Crawlers | Life of the Party

2. Pingback: Halloween Cupcakes | Ingredients, Inc.

3. Pingback: Last Minute Halloween Ideas | TidyMom

4. Pingback: Sarah’s Bakery Corner: Halloween | DAILY WAFFLE

5. Pingback: Spider Cake

6. Pingback: Spider Party Ideas

7. Pingback: Spider Party

8. Pingback: Halloween Inspiration | My Misty Memories

9. Pingback: Halloween Inspiration | Momista Beginnings

10. Pingback: Halloween Treats for Kids | Halloween Recipes | Halloween Treat Bags

11. Pingback: Halloween Desserts

12. Pingback: Candy Corn Butter Cookies | TidyMom

13. Pingback: 4x Halloween hapjes -

14. Pingback: Halloween Spider Cookies | Jen's Favorite Cookies | Recipes & Photos

15. Pingback: 13 Halloween Cupcake Ideas - I Want Crazy