Creamy Italian Crock-Pot Chicken
I’m always on the look out for new dinner ideas for my picky family!
I knew when I saw this recipe from two of my favorite ladies, it was SURE to be hit!
I first saw the recipe in Amy’s Weekly Meal Plan – if you haven’t seen Amy’s meal plans, you don’t know what you’re missing.
She not only has an amazing collection of recipes, but she creates a printable PDF file with all of the recipes, photos and even a grocery list. Just print the file and you’re ready to go shopping!! Best of all, it’s FREE!
Angie says all of her kids love this! Well, the night I made it, Allison had 2 friends over for dinner and it was a HUGE hit with everyone!!…..the girls all had seconds!!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- (optional) 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces (drained)
- hot cooked noodles or rice
- Cut the chicken into medium sized chunks and place in slow cooker
- Combine salad dressing mix and water – pour over chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended.
- If you like mushrooms – Stir them into mix now
- Pour mix over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour longer or until juices run clear
- Serve over rice or noodles.
*I just used chicken tenderloins and I did not cut them up.
*I did not use mushrooms
*I misread the directions and added cheese and soup at the beginning and slow cooked it all for about 4-5 hours.- all turned out fine.
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera