Cinnamon and Sugar Doughnut Muffins
When I was little my dad had his own remodeling business, mainly finishing basements. He would go to people’s homes in the evenings usually, to discuss what they wanted and to give them a bid. If he would get the job…..he came home with treats!! YUMMY baked goods or ice cream. My dad is where I got my sweet tooth from, along with my short stocky legs…..thanks Dad.
Many nights he would bring home doughnuts…….I called them “doan doans”, and I LOVED “doan doans!”……I would eat several. One night dad told me he was going to bring me home just one “doan daon”, and “I bet you can’t even eat the whole thing” he said. Later that evening he walked in with my one doughnut…..it was HUGE! Do any of you remember when Target had bakeries?…….They made these HUGE, like 10-12″ glazed donughts……THAT is what dad brought home to me. My eye’s grew HUGE at the site of that beautiful sweet disc of glazed goodness!! I climbed in my chair with a big glass of milk, because doughnuts are BEST when they’re dunked in milk you know…..and I TRIED to eat that donught………but Dad won!!……I could NOT eat ONE whole doughnut…..but I sure tried my best.
So you see………I’ve always had a deep LOVE for doughnuts!
That’s why when I heard the buzz all over the internet recently about “Muffins that taste like donuts” I just KNEW I had to try them!
I didn’t change a thing………it was simple and perfect!!
Recipe from lemanda
- 1-3/4 cup Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter (4 Tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, and set aside. Mix oil, sugar, egg and milk, then added dry ingredients, mix just until blended.
- For regular size muffins: spray muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray and fill each cup 1/2 full. Bake for 15-20 min. Yields 8-12 muffins
- For mini muffins (this is what I made) – spray mini muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray and fill each cup 1/2 full. Bake for 10-12 min. Yields 18 mini muffins.
- While muffins are baking melt butter in one bowl. Mix1/3 cup White Sugar and 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon in another bowl. *(I needed 50% more for the mini muffins so I used 6 Tablespoons butter and 1-1/2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon)
- Remove muffins from oven, let cool for just a minute or two, remove from pan and place them on a platter. Dip each muffin in the melted butter then roll in cinnamon and sugar.
- Let cool or serve warm.
Wouldn’t these be wonderful with a little jelly or vanilla custard? I may try that next time!
My Dad would have LOVED these!!
**WARNING – if you make the minis, I am NOT responsible for how many you eat!!
I’m linking to the following parties- please check them out for more great recipes and projects!
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera