Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
If you’re family is like mine…. we LOVE banana’s
– yet they always seem to get too ripe before we can eat them all.
I’m starting to believe my family has a strategy
– “if we don’t eat the banana’s – Mom will make banana bread!”
and they LOVE my banana bread!
You can tell a favorite recipe by how often it is used, and this recipe is one I return to again and again, and is the one recipe I’m asked for more than anything I’ve made!
The cinnamon and chocolate chips are the surprise flavors in this quick bread!
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3-4 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- walnuts if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time. Mix in milk, bananas and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients.
- (The important thing is you do not want to over mix the batter. You don’t want it smooth. Over mixing the batter will give you tough, rubbery bread.)
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60 mins for regular loaf pan, or 30 mins for mini loaves.
Make sure you check out what Amy at Living Locurtois doing!!
She has featured 5 of my recipes in this week’s Weekly Menu Plan AND has put it all into a fantastic FREE printable PDF file with pictures, recipes, and even a shopping list all made out for you!!
I’ll be working with Amy on more weekly menu plans………so be sure to follow her, you wont want to miss a week!!