Whiskey Pumpkin Shortbread Parfait
My name is Cheryl………..and I’m addicted to PUMPKIN!
Do you love pumpkin as much as I do? This time of year I feel like I can’t get enough of it!
So when the good people at Walkers Shortbread asked me if I would use their famous shortbread in a recipe during the holidays………….PUMPKIN Parfait was the first thing that popped in my head!
If you don’t already love Walkers Shortbread, I’m sure you’ve seen them around. They’ve been in the business of baking shortbread in small batches in a family bakery in the Scottish Highlands for over 100 years.
You are going to love me! Because this recipe I came up with is SO scrumptious, something totally EASY to make, something you and your whole family will LOVE (you can leave out the alcohol for the kids). We just won’t talk about what it will do to your hips!
This is a great alternative to pumpkin pie!
- 1 ¾ cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup Whiskey (*you can omit and just use 2 cups milk)
- 1 (4 servings) box of JELL-O brand Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tblespoon melted butter
- 3/4 of a package Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread, crushed
- In a medium bowl combine dry pudding mix with milk and whiskey with a wire whisk for 2 minutes then place in the refrigerator to set a little more.
- In a small bowl mix pecans with melted butter and brown sugar and set aside
- Using a chilled bowl and whisk attachment (I put mine in the freezer for about 20 mins) whip cold whipping cream with sugar and vanilla on high until peaks form (approx 3-4 mins)
- Using a food processor and about 3/4 of a package of Pure Butter Walkers Shortbread pulse until fine or slightly chunky. (you could also put the shortbread in a zipper bag and crush with rolling pin) *I crushed them fine, but I think a little chunky would be even better!
- Put it all together: Using individual serving cups, layer; pudding crushed shortbread whipped cream pudding crushed shortbread top with a large dollop or whipped cream sprinkle with candied nuts
- drizzle with caramel syrup or topping garnish with 1/2 shortbread cookie
I’ll tell you………this was every bit as delicious as it looks!!
Disclosure: The awesome people from Walkers Shortbread sent me a few boxes of cookies to try .