Whiskey Pumpkin Shortbread Parfait
My name is Cheryl………..and I’m addicted to PUMPKIN!
Do you love pumpkin as much as I do? This time of year I feel like I can’t get enough of it!
You can eat it in cupcakes, pancakes, cream cheese, pie, whoopie pies, even coffee!
So when the good people at Walkers Shortbread asked me if I would use their famous shortbread in a recipe during the holidays………….PUMPKIN Parfait was the first thing that popped in my head!
If you don’t already love Walkers Shortbread, I’m sure you’ve seen them around. They’ve been in the business of baking shortbread in small batches in a family bakery in the Scottish Highlands for over 100 years.
You are going to love me! Because this recipe I came up with is SO scrumptious, something totally EASY to make, something you and your whole family will LOVE (you can leave out the alcohol for the kids). We just won’t talk about what it will do to your hips!
This is a great alternative to pumpkin pie!
Whiskey Pumpkin Shortbread Parfait
- 1 ¾ cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup Whiskey (*you can omit and just use 2 cups milk)
- 1 (4 servings) box of JELL-O brand Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tblespoon melted butter
- 3/4 of a package Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread, crushed
- In a medium bowl combine dry pudding mix with milk and whiskey with a wire whisk for 2 minutes then place in the refrigerator to set a little more.
- In a small bowl mix pecans with melted butter and brown sugar and set aside
- Using a chilled bowl and whisk attachment (I put mine in the freezer for about 20 mins) whip cold whipping cream with sugar and vanilla on high until peaks form (approx 3-4 mins)
- Using a food processor and about 3/4 of a package of Pure Butter Walkers Shortbread pulse until fine or slightly chunky. (you could also put the shortbread in a zipper bag and crush with rolling pin) *I crushed them fine, but I think a little chunky would be even better!
- Put it all together: Using individual serving cups, layer; pudding crushed shortbread whipped cream pudding crushed shortbread top with a large dollop or whipped cream sprinkle with candied nuts
- drizzle with caramel syrup or topping garnish with 1/2 shortbread cookie
I’ll tell you………this was every bit as delicious as it looks!!
Disclosure: The awesome people from Walkers Shortbread sent me a few boxes of cookies to try .
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.
I’m all over the Walkers cheesecake!!!!!
I follow you on FB!
I receive your updates via email also. Thanks for all!
I love the traditional Shortbread – best breakfast ever!
I have been a Walker’s Shortbread lover forever. My favorite is just the plain butter cookie with a cup of coffee. Yummy afternoon treat!
I am a follower.
Pingback: Joanna Sargent
I like the assorted ones and think I could try them with tea or coffee!
Traditional shortbread is my absolute favorite so I wouldn’t change a thing but the animal shapes variety would be fun;-) Thanks for a great recipe. Can’t wait to try it!
. . .joined you on Facbook;-)
. . .signed up for e-mails too!
Pingback: Jackie McClelland
These look sensational! Im going to try them tomorrow along with this chocolate pumpkin recipe, it’s really fabulous if anyone wants to add it to their thanksgiving menu 😉 http://www.fourgreensteps.com/community/recipes/desserts-a-goodies-/chocolate-pumpkin-pie
My husband would love these. Thanks for sharing!
I would make those parfaits and eat them all myself because pumpkin is my favorite flavor.
I love the Butterscotch Shortbread Rings.
Walker’s shortbread is the best, and your recipe sounds delicious. Only problem is I can’t get Jello Pudding very easily in England – only specialist suppliers stock it and they only have ordinary flavours like chocolate and vanilla! Guess I’ll have to use vanilla and try to mix some pumpkin in – your recipe is too good to miss out on! Oh how I wish we could get all the yummy things you have in the US over here. Whenever we visit the US (which I’m very lucky to be able to do at least four or five times a year) I often come back with pistachio Jello pudding and Old Bay Seasoning tucked in my suitcase 🙂 Hope you and yours are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I love Walker’s Shortbread cookies and I would definitely make use of them by making this parfait! It sounds absolutely dreamy!
creative! sounds good.
I would love to use the traditional shortbread cookies to crush as a pie crust! Maybe with a yummy pumpkin filling, or a rich cheesecake! YUM!
I have had many a love affair with Walkers shortbread. So buttery, not too sweet, and the perfect amount of salt. It’s been awhile, and ’tis the season. Maybe I’ll rekindle that love affair.
P.S. Just saw on the Walkers site that Walkers makes a whiskey fruitcake! How did I not know this?
Pingback: Robyn Stone
Pingback: Julie Thomas
Pingback: Lorna Peppiatt
I Tweeted 🙂
Thanks for an opportunity to WIN!!
Melissa from Naches, WA
i would totallly love to try out the recipe with Walkers shortbreatD
Melissa from Naches, WA
I love the white chocolate and raspberry cookies and I would make home made crust with the cookies for a cheesecake.
Pingback: Pumpkin Recipe Collection – Bites From Other Blogs
Pingback: Pumpkin Recipes | TidyMom
Pingback: yummy pumpkin recipe | everydayclever
I would rather make my own shortbread togo with this. It’s fresher, no preservatives, awesome butter flavor and lots more tender and flaky as opposed to crunchy,dry and crumbly, and it can be made ahead and frozen for future use/serving.
I’m sure that would be great too! – personally though, I love the crunchy crumbly taste of store bought, like the Walkers shortbread 😉