Raspberry Lemonade Bars
Sweet and tangy raspberry lemonade bars are are bursting with flavor.
I’ve been craving fruit like nobody’s business lately. It happens to me about this time every year. Maybe because it’s the middle of the winter, and fruit reminds me of summer…….and since the groundhog says we have 6 more weeks of winter ahead of us, a summer filled dessert like, Raspberry Lemonade Bars is just what I needed!
They’re bright, cheery, packed with raspberries and tangy lemonade to help beat the winter blues, and the best part? There’s a little cheesecake tucked in too.
I firmly believe cheesecake makes every dessert better – am I right?
These Raspberry Lemonade Bars were inspired by a recipe I bookmarked a long time ago. That recipe starts with a Pillsbury Lemonade cookie mix, that is no longer available. So I decided to recreate it using a sugar cookie mix and pink lemonade and it worked!! There are four parts to this bar recipe:
- tender pink lemonade sugar cookie crust
- raspberry filling with juicy fresh raspberries
- cheesecake filling
- raspberry lemonade streusel/crumb topping
Four parts might seem like a lot, but it’s super easy and all comes together in about 15 minutes!! I did use a bagged cookie mix to start, but you could certainly use a shortbread crust recipe if you want to make it from scratch.
The raspberry filling is simply seedless raspberry jam and fresh juicy raspberries.
The streusel topping is made from a reserve of the lemonade cookie crust mixture with a little raspberry jam added for more flavor. Simple……..and there’s no sweeter way to start February.
Finding the delicious balance between sweet and tangy can be tricky when it comes to lemon desserts, but these bars nail it!
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pink lemonade mix, sweetened
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon seedless red raspberry jam (separated)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, sliced
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edge of the pan. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cookie mix, lemonade mix, and butter in a large bowl with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 3/4 cup crumbs for topping. Press the remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl fold raspberries into 3/4 cup of jam and spread evenly over partially baked crust.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon extract, and eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour over the jam to cover.
- Add 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam to reserved crumbs and sprinkle streusel over top.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes Cool completely. Chill 1 hour. Remove from pan using edges of foil. Peel away the foil from sides. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Like this Raspberry Lemonade Bars recipe? Pin It!
More Lemon and Raspberry recipes