Flank Steak Sandwiches
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s Tuesday, and time for a recipe post. I’ve been busy moving into my new office space,and moving my mom into a new apartment, I haven’t had time to do much cooking or baking. But I did have time to whip up this family favorite!
My mom used to make Flank Steak Sandwiches with Dill Butter all the time when I was growing up. It’s now one of the most requested meals by my husband and kids!
This makes 2 loaves and is usually enough for 4-5 adults.
- 2+ pounds of Flank Steak (I have better luck with 2 one-pound steaks)
- 2 loaves French Bread
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dill Weed
- Garlic Salt
- Season your steaks with Garlic Salt on both sides
- Cut both loaves of bread lengthwise and place on cookie sheet
- Place in hot oven (I usually put it on 400) and watch it until it’s toasted
- I cook my steaks outside on the grill – 6 mins on each side. You can do them in the oven if you’d prefer
- When the steaks are finished, you are going to slice the meat thin, diagonal to the grain.
- In the picture below you can see the grain, it’s going horizontal, I use an electric knife and cut thin strips diagonal to that grain, this keeps the mead tender.
- Melt your butter and add Dill Weed and stir
- After all of the meat is sliced, place it on the toasted bread
- Then pour the melted dill butter over the meat.
- Now fold the loaves shut and slice into sandwiches. (I use the electric knife for this step too – make sure you hold the bread down tight while cutting)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used and are just estimates. We encourage, especially if these numbers are important to you, to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
YUMMY Flank Steak Sandwiches!!
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.