I Spy Sunday Creative Summer Ideas
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I hope you’re having a great weekend! It’s been beautiful here in St. Louis, but I’m afraid we are going to pay dearly this coming week. Our temps and humidity are expected to soar ;(
Now that we are finally settled into our new house, I have time for I Spy Sunday again! Where I go thru the fabulous posts that were linked up to the I’m Lovin’ It party and feature a few of my favorites. This week there was so much summer fun every where, in color, projects and recipes. Sit back with a cold drink and enjoy 8 summer ideas that caught my eye! Then be sure to click over to check out all the fabulous crafts, diys, recipes and more that were shared at the party.
1. Tieghan promises that this Summer Grilled Mexican Street Corn Fettuccine will make your Monday’s better. Think of your favorite Mexican street corn mixed into cheesy pasta and topped with cotija cheese. It’s creamy and cheesy, a little smoky and every bite is just so good
2. I’m a bit obsessed with the color mint right now. Chelsea and her husband recently welcomed this small dresser into their home that was in desperate need of some love. After a lot of work in repairing it, they gave it a few coats of Lowe’s Olympic Sweet Pea, and look at her now!!! She is a BEAUTY!! I’m pretty sure my home needs a mint painted nightstand.
3. Have a boring outdoor wall space? Kim and her husband are genius and SO creative! They used a rubber door mat and stair treads to decorate an outdoor wall! I LOVE this DIY Outdoor Wall Art , Kim is always thinking outside the box!
4. Diet Coke drinkers of the world- this one’s for you! Apparently things are getting a little dirty in Utah lately. Dirty Diet Coke seems to be the rage, and Mique decided to make a Dirty Diet Coke Kit with some free printables for a friend. I’m not a big fan of Diet Coke, but I might give this a try with my Diet Pespsi……has anyone tried it?
6. My husband and I were standing on our deck just this morning thinking “we need to clean our deck”. Our neighbor just power washed his deck and fence a few weeks ago, and well…….now his looks cleaner than ours, and we can’t have THAT! lol Well lucky for me, Jenn has a great post on How to Clean a Wood Deck. Now I can keep up with the Jones’!
7. If you’re anything like most women, you might be looking for ways to corral those drawers-full of beauty products and tools. Tricia used items she already had at home to organize her makeup and crafted these fabulous fabric covered tin cans! Don’t you just love the fabric she used?
8. Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? I had to wipe the drool off my chin when I spotted Karyn’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake this week! I’m a big fan of icebox cake (I made one for my birthday this year). They are SO simple to make, I can’t wait to try this version……soon!
Thank you for sharing so many wonderful projects, recipes and crafts again this week ! You can still link up thru Sunday evening or come back next week and link up for another I’m Lovin’ It Friday, who knows maybe next week I will be featuring you!
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.