Buckeye Peanut Butter-Fudge Cake
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you like buckeye candies you will fall in love with this combo of peanut butter and rich chocolate cake.
I can’t take full credit for this cake, I adapted it from the King Arthur blog.In all its glory, the original recipe is made from scratch and is 4 layers high!
But I like easy, and adapted the recipe a little.
Just because it’s easy, doesn’t mean this cake won’t knock your socks off!
Grab your aprons, and let’s get started
- 1 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (+ ingredients listed on box)
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 4 cups (1-lb. box) powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
Chocolate Ganache (icing)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Mix and bake the cake according to the box in 2 round cake pans. Let cool.
Peanut Butter Filling
- With and electric mixer, beat the powdered sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla until well combined. Gradually add milk. It will taste as good as it sounds!
Chocolate Ganache (icing)
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage. Pour over the chocolate chips.
- Stir until smooth.
Put it all together
- I only made 2 layers, mainly because a 4 layer cake will not fit under my cake saver. But if you’d like, you can slice your 2 layers into 4 layers.
- Top your layer(s) with peanut butter filling.
- Pour warm ganache over the top of the cake, spread with an angled spatula, and encourage it to dribble over the sides!
Don’t use just any chocolate cake mix, use Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix. This is THE BEST! I promise!
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.