Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
There are many food flavors that just go so well together…….but nothing beats chocolate and peanut butter. I first posted a to-die for Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cake back in September and then I posted about our Krispie Peanut Butter balls I made at Christmas.
Well today I have another Chocolate Peanut Butter combo for you that I think you’re REALLY going to like!! It’s super duper easy like the Chocolate Chip Brownie cookies that I posted in December.
We’ve been wanting to try brownies in a cupcake form and when I made the chocolate cake with peanut butter filling we thought it would be good on brownies too. I recently saw a similar idea out there in blogville some where, but I didn’t bookmark it and now I can’t find it…..so if anyone knows where I may have seen this, can you let me know so I can link to it.
May I introduce to you………Brownie Cupcakes with Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting!
- 1 prepared box of your favorite Brownie Mix (we use and love Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownies)
- 1/2 to 1 cup Reeses Peanut Butter chips (I just dumped some in)
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (you could probably use milk, and maybe only 3 tbsp)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Make brownies according to package directions.
- Add peanut butter chips and mix.
- Pour batter into paper lined cupcake pan, filling about 3/4 full (I got 15 cupcakes out of this mix)
- Bake at 350° approximately 20 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Don’t over bake.
- Cool completely.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- Beat butter and peanut butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add powdered sugar
- Add cream one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick.
- Beat for at least 3 minutes until nice and fluffy.
- Frost brownie cupcakes with frosting. I used a 1M tip, but you could spread with a knife if you want.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used and are just estimates. We encourage, especially if these numbers are important to you, to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
I had extra frosting left over, and we had just made a batch of Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies the day before…….so I sandwiched some frosting between two cookies for another tasty treat!!
If you haven’t used those bag cookie mixes……you don’t know what you’re missing. They’re so easy and great when you want “homemade” cookies without the time and mess!
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.