Blackberry and Peach Galette
I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!! Today Angie from Big Bears Wife is sharing her recipe for Blackberry and Peach Galette, a beautiful, and simple rustic dessert that’s perfect for summertime! I’m a big fan of pie, and blackberry and peach sound amazing!! I’m letting her take the reins here on TidyMom while we’re moving to our new house!
Hello! I’m so happy to be here today on Cheryl’s beautiful site to share one of my favorite fruit dessert recipes.
As the weather gets warmer, I normally gravitate towards fruit. It happens every year; I just naturally want to drive right into the strawberries, kiwis, pineapples, peaches and blackberries. This galette comes together in a flash and is always a hit around our house.
Grab Your Apron! We are going to make Blackberry and Peach Galette
Make the most of those summer blackberries and peaches! Blackberry and Peach Galette is a beautiful, and simple rustic dessert that’s perfect for summertime! Use peaches, apricots, or any other beautiful stone fruit and berries for this rustic easier-than-pie dessert.
A rustic tart or galette is quite similar to pie. Except they are easier! If making a pie from scratch with homemade pie crust scares you, then a rustic galette is for you!! There is much more room for error with the rustic free-form crust. It’s a great dessert in the summertime when juicy fruits like peaches and blackberries are in their prime.
If you want to try out some more easy tarts and galettes, you may want to try my Rustic Blueberry Pie or this Rustic Cherry Galette recipe they make an elegant dessert but oh so easy to make. Apples dashed with brandy make this Simple Apple Tart with an oatmeal crumble topping shine, all are the perfect excuse to enjoy with a dollop of ice cream.
LIKE THIS BLACKBERRY PEACH GALETTE RECIPE? PIN IT!
What’s your favorite summertime dessert?
Angela Barrett is a self-proclaimed foodie, who loves to be in the kitchen. She currently writes for her food & craft blog, “Big Bear’s Wife”, where she shares recipes, restaurant reviews and craft tutorials at BigBearsWife.com.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed but cool
- 4 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
For Egg Wash:
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the crust dough out onto the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour. Mix well to combine.
- Fold in blackberries.
- Pour fruit into the center of the crust, leavening a 2-3 inch border. Work around the galette, folding edges of the dough over the fruit in a folding/pleating pattern.
- Place into the freezer for 15 minutes and pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Remove the galette from the freezer.
- Brush the dough that is folded over the fruit with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle the edges with sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour. Crust should be a golden brown. The juice from the fruit will run out onto the baking sheet.
- Remove from oven and let cool.