Rustic Blueberry Pie
This sweet and juicy Rustic Blueberry pie gives a whole new meaning to “simple as pie” No pie crust skills necessary. The pastry crust is folded up around the fruit filling. Best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Twenty-six years ago today I married my best friend.
I love waking up next to you every morning. I love that you make me laugh every day. I love sharing everything with you. I love that you put up with me and all my flaws. I love that you are THE best Dad and provider for our family! I love that you NEVER let us down. I love that your family ALWAYS comes first. I love that you tell me I look fabulous when I feel fat. I love that you hug me when I cry. I love that you will go to the store when I don’t feel like going. I love that you will pick up pizza when I don’t feel like cooking. I love that you know me. I LOVE that you LOVE me. I love that it’s painfully obvious that our 2 kids are our 2 kids…… they have good and bad features/traits/habits from each of us. I hope we have managed to set an example for our girls as to what a happy, successful marriage is. I love you, honey!
I’d like to say I made this Blueberry Pie for our anniversary, but truth is, Steve isn’t a fan of pie. But he is a fan of allowing me to do what makes me happy. That’s why I’m able to blog, he knows it makes me happy to be in the kitchen, he knows how excited I get when I pull out my camera and all the stuff I need to get “just the right shot”! And most of all, he knows how much I love to come here and share it all on TidyMom!
I’m submitting this super easy Rustic Blueberry Pie. I’m sure there will be a plethora of wonderful pie recipes!
If you are one who thinks pie is hard to make………..then you need to make a rustic pie! So simple, and no need to worry about how it looks!
Rustic Blueberry Pie
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter (1 stick)
- 1/8-1/4 cup ice water
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons flour (depending on how juicy they are)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, and sugar.
- Chop or grate cold butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture.
- Cut butter into the flour using a pastry blender (or 2 knives) until mixture looks like sand.
- Slowly add water and mix using a fork until mixture holds together.
- Pat and form into a ball
- Flour work surface and roll out crust two inches larger than the pie pan.
- Place crust in the pie pan.
- Combine berries, sugar, flour and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Add berries to pie crust.
- Fold edges of crust over filling, creasing as needed.
- Wet finger with a little water to seal creases in the crust (this helps to keep them folded when baking)
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until filling is bubbling.
- Serve warm with ice cream!
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
What’s your favorite pie? Do you like your pie a-la-mode?
Like This Rustic Blueberry Pie Recipe? Pin It!