Vanilla Cherry Coke Poke Cake| Football Party Food
Vanilla Cherry Coke Poke Cake & Touchdown Taco Bites score big at the game!
Whether you’re a hardcore football fan or you’re just there for the commercials, chances are you will be watching the biggest event of the football season in America. This year at our house, the only thing more exciting than the big game, is the fact that I was asked to work with The Coca-Cola Company to create some fun recipes and ideas for a new program they are rolling out this January! You see, my husband is a die-hard Coke fan…….it’s quite literally the only beverage he drinks. We always tease that he bleeds Coke! So this was an especially exciting partnership for our household.
This year, Coca-Cola and Ritz have teamed up to give home-field advantage through their Home Bowl and you’re invited!
Today’s post is jam-packed with fun!! You’re getting two recipes PLUS an awesome sweepstakes giveaway valued at $350!! There will be THREE LUCKY WINNERS, so don’t miss out on entering below. There is a big chance YOU will win!
Score big by using the Home Bowl products and party ideas, as inspiration for upcoming game day parties. It’s the perfect lineup to bring your family together for the most anticipated football game of the year!
What’s in it for you:
- Party planning made easy! Click here to create a custom Home Bowl Evite invitation and find more game day tips.
- A chance to win prize packs valued at $350 by entering the sweepstakes giveaway below!!
- Get access to great coupons by registering for MyCokeRewards.
- Two simple and delicious recipes that are sure to be winners at any football party!
Kick-off the party with Touchdown Taco Bites.
Make your house game-day headquarters with these tasty taco bites —everything you love about a taco piled on top a Ritz cracker and bite-sized!! No penalty flags will be thrown at this appetizer!
How to Make Touch Down Taco Bites
- 40 Ritz Crackers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 ° Place crackers in single layer on parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook beans and brown beef until no longer pink. Drain. Add taco seasoning and water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the taco meat evenly on top of the crackers. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- Bake 2 to 3 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and top with desired toppings.
Bring on that energy spike for the second half when you add this delicious Cherry Vanilla Coke Poke Cake to the food spread.
Poke cake is always a favorite with every crowd, so this time I used Coca-Cola in the cherry gelatin and poked it into a french vanilla cake for a dessert full of flavor. Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola Poke Cake for the win!
How to make Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola Poke Cake
Simply mix up and bake your favorite french vanilla boxed cake mix. – if you can’t find french vanilla, just use vanilla, yellow, butter or white cake. (full printable recipe at end of post)
After cake has baked and cooled, mix cherry flavored gelatin with a can of Coke and a little water, stir until dissolved.
Use a wooden or plastic spoon to poke holes all over the cake, then pour jello over top of the cake.
Set in refrigerator to chill for about 1/2 hour or more. Combine vanilla pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping then spread evenly over cake.
Cover cake and place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Garnish with chocolate jimmies and maraschino cherries when serving.
Enter the Coca-Cola “Home Bowl” Sweepstakes
Simply pin your favorite game day party tips and tricks on Pinterest!
3 Prize Packs will be given to 3 lucky readers! Each prize valued at $350 each!!
Prize packs include:
- A $250 Visa gift card
- Coca-Cola Products
- Ritz Crackers Products
- “Home Bowl” themed cups, cutting board and tote bag
HOW TO ENTER UPDATE: Giveaway has ended.
Congrats to the winners:
***IMPORTANT: This is a different type of entry than my usual giveaways, but it’s very easy! To enter follow the steps below
- Copy a website URL that contains your favorite Home Bowl Football party inspiration and paste it in the entry form. ~ For inspiration, head over to my Home Bowl Pinterest Board. You may also copy this blog post’s URL to easily pin something: https://tidymom.net/2015/cherry-coke-poke-cake/
- You must include the hashtag #HomeBowlHeroContest in your pin description.
- Enter your email.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
- Submit and Pin
** The Sweepstakes Entry Period begins now and closes February 2, 2015. You do not need to pin photos of Coca-Cola or Ritz to be entered to win.
Cherry Vanilla Coke Poke Cake
- 1 package (2-layer size) French Vanilla Cake Mix (plus ingredient listed on box to prepare cake)
- 1 (6 ounce) package Cherry flavored gelatin
- 12 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate jimmies (optional garnish)
- maraschino cherries (optional garnish)
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch pan. Cool cake in pan 15 min. Using a large fork or end of wooden spoon, pierce cake at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Using a medium bowl, add Coca-Cola and water to gelatin and mix; stir 2 min. until dissolved. Pour over cake. Refrigerate 1/2 hour.
- Combine vanilla pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping then spread evenly over cake.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate jimmies and cherries when serving.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me as part of a partnership with The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Prizes provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with this program.