Homemade Orange Honey Butter | I’m Lovin’ It
This lightly sweetened whipped orange honey butter is wonderful served as a spread for quick bread, muffins, waffles, or pancakes.
A few weeks ago we made pancakes for breakfast and I whipped up a batch of orange honey butter when I realized I had never shared this lightly sweetened whipped butter here on the blog yet! This smooth and creamy sweet butter is a must if you are serving rolls for Easter dinner, and makes a great spread for quick breads, scones and muffins for a Mother’s Day or Easter brunch. It’s equally delicious on pancakes and waffles any day of the year!
What’s great about this recipe is, it can be whipped in less than 5 minutes, or you can make it a few days ahead. If you really want to make it special, spread the butter on a long sheet of plastic wrap and roll up into a log, chill or freeze and cut off 1/2 inch disks of the flavored butter as needed.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 3-4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice (fresh squeezed, if you can)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Beat butter with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, honey, orange juice and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Serve on warm bread, rolls, scones, pancakes or waffles.
I’m Lovin’…….Orange Honey Butter
Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net
Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!
What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here