Salted Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookie: I’m Lovin’ It
I don’t know about you, but I love a good sandwich, especially when the sandwich is the sweet kind, and involves Nutella! As in, these Nutella Sandwich Cookies I made a few months back.
Last summer Feast Magazine asked if I would like to choose a recipe to write about from a recent cooking class for parents and children at the Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis, where they presented a booklet of recipes for livening up school lunches with more inventive options. Of course I went after the cookies 😉
These cookies are the perfect balance of chocolate and Nutella all wrapped up in a chewy cookie. It’s impossible to just have one.
I will warn you – I’m not responsible for increased pants size if you are watching calories nor can I be held accountable for feeding a Nutella obsession. But do as I say, make a batch – I promise you won’t regret it!
Oh I suppose you’d like the recipe, right? They’re super simple to make and even better to eat. Nutella fans are going to love them and don’t worry about being “too sweet”, a nice little sprinkle of salt on top balances out the flavors beautifully .
Yield: 18 sandwich cookies
Recipe courtesy of Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis is the perfect balance of chocolate and Nutella all wrapped up in a chewy cookie.
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup unsweetened dark Dutch process cocoa powder
- ¼ cup oats, lightly ground
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Nutella
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- sea salt
- 13 oz jar Nutella
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, oats, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside. Cream together butter, Nutella and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg. Slowly add in flour mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass, about 2 ¼-inches in diameter. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 12 up on a sheet leaving 1-inch space between each cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool for 1 minute on baking sheet and carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool completely. Spread Nutella between two cookies to made sandwich.
Cookies can be stored for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
NEW FEATURE: Save recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!
More Nutella Recipes you might enjoy:
I’d love to hear about your favorite Nutella recipe in the comments or share the link or picture on the TidyMom Facebook page!
I’m Lovin’…….Salted Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookie
Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net
Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!
What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here
A self-proclaimed neat freak, Cheryl chronicles her journey through homemaking on her blog, TidyMom.net, where she shares recipes, tutorials, crafting and her ever-growing love for photography. This St. Louis mom juggles her passion for life, her daughters and her tiger-loving husband, all while her obsession with tidiness cleans up the trail blazed behind her. Google+