Recipes

Veggie Sandwich: I’m Lovin’ It

favorite veggie sandwich

Lunchtime can be stressful –I’ll admit, I’m one who will often skip lunch, then find myself starving by 3pm.   Trying to fit in food during a busy workday, whether you work at home, on the road or in an office can often mean fast food or greasy left overs. For me, it’s about needing something easy, that’s why I often skip lunch, because I just don’t want to take the time to make something.  But that can usually lead to snacking + high calories.

My current game plan: keep good, healthy sandwich supplies in the house, it only takes a minute or two to prepare. My latest addiction has been a simple, veggie sandwich (I can even make one to go if I’m going to be out running errands, I just toss it in a container and put it in a small cooler in my car) .

My Favorite Veggie Sandwich:

Stuff two pieces of light multi grain bread with ½ of a medium avocado, sliced, a handful of sprouts, another handful of fresh spinach, 1-2 slices of tomato topped with a little mustard – all for about 250 calories.

By eating this nutrition-packed sandwich I’m saving myself from that late afternoon snack attack!  And, with the record breaking heat we’ve had this summer, this sandwich has shown up on my dinner plate a few nights with a side of Bush’s Grillin’ Beans (that I love to eat cold, right out of the can) I get plenty of protein and still have room for dessert!

Do you have a favorite “go to” lunch?

I'm Lovin It Party at TidyMom.net every week!

I’m Lovin’…….My Favorite Veggie Sandwich

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!

*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

Omaze offers the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences that also support social missions.

50 Responses to “Veggie Sandwich: I’m Lovin’ It”

1. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on July 26, 2012 at 8:37 pm (#

Hey, if it has avocado, I’ll eat it. :) Thanks for the party Cheryl!

• TidyMom replied on July 26th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

lol………I’ve been eating avocados like there’s no tomorrow lately!

2. Lyuba posted on July 26, 2012 at 8:38 pm (#

Thank you so much for the great party, as always!!

3. Tanya posted on July 26, 2012 at 8:48 pm (#

I admit I make great lunches for my kids then I just hummus and crackers-on a good day! This is what I should eat! Thanks for hosting!

4. nest of posies posted on July 26, 2012 at 9:05 pm (#

i LOVE a sandwich for lunch. it’s so simple but it just hits the spot for me! i need to be better about making quality sandwiches though! your veggie one looks so good!

thanks for the party, cheryl!
    kellie

5. Ali | Gimme Some Oven posted on July 26, 2012 at 9:10 pm (#

This looks like my kind of sandwich!! Those veggies look delish! :)

Salads are probably my favorite go-to lunch. Quick and easy, and (well, usually) pretty healthy!

6. Jeanette posted on July 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm (#

What a gorgeously healthy sandwich Cheryl! Lately, I’ve been mixing leftover veggies, quinoa and fruit together with a little raspberry balsamic vinegar. It’s filling, healthy and gets me through the afternoon.

• TidyMom replied on July 27th, 2012 at 6:29 am

oooh, that sounds delicious Jeanette!

7. Heather@French Press posted on July 26, 2012 at 9:25 pm (#

LOVE avocado on my sandwich! what a great pic.

thanks for the party

8. Mary Beth|Cupcakes and Crinoline posted on July 26, 2012 at 9:35 pm (#

That vegetable sandwich looks so good ~ my favorite go to lunch is soup. Even in the summer I love a good bowl of soup! Thanks for hosting and have a great week.

9. Angie@Echoes of Laughter posted on July 26, 2012 at 10:04 pm (#

That sandwich looks so delicious! Yummy! Thank you so much for hosting this party Cheryl! Have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

10. Kimberly Sneed posted on July 26, 2012 at 10:15 pm (#

oh i LOVE avocados! i would definitely eat that, maybe with a little chicken thrown in, hehe! i’m a sucker for protein! ;) thanks for hosting this fabulous party as always Cheryl!

• TidyMom replied on July 27th, 2012 at 6:31 am

yes!! when I have some left over chicken I’ll throw some on sometimes!

11. Lisa Summerhays posted on July 27, 2012 at 2:01 am (#

Your veggie sandwich sounds heavenly!! I’m a pro at snacking my way through lunch and not getting enough of the healthy stuff in. Must try veggie sandwich.

12. keri @ shaken together posted on July 27, 2012 at 3:32 am (#

I do a version of your sandwich minus sprouts plus hummus … one of my favorites, too!! Love the party, Cheryl … thanks for hosting!!

13. Sarah @ Alderberry Hill posted on July 27, 2012 at 4:41 am (#

Thanks for the fab pat-tay! Happy weekend!

14. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted on July 27, 2012 at 5:29 am (#

Mmmm, I love avocado on any sandwich!

15. Carolyn posted on July 27, 2012 at 5:43 am (#

A sandwich packed full of goodness!

16. aimee @shugarysweets posted on July 27, 2012 at 6:27 am (#

Cheryl, thanks for hosting. That sandwich looks delicious! My go-to sandwich is turkey, cheddar, thin slices of apple, avocado, red pepper jelly…then grill it. YUM.

• TidyMom replied on July 27th, 2012 at 6:31 am

YUM! I need to try that Aimee!

17. Cranberry Morning posted on July 27, 2012 at 6:38 am (#

That looks delicious! I’ll take one, please. :-)

18. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted on July 27, 2012 at 7:32 am (#

looks wonderful Cheryl! Miss you so much at Evo this year :(. Happy Friday!

• TidyMom replied on July 27th, 2012 at 10:39 am

oh I know Alison, I wish I had gone……I’m going to BlogHer next week, will you be there?

19. Janet posted on July 27, 2012 at 7:48 am (#

Oh, goodness, it has all the things I love in it. I must try it. Thanks for hosting!

20. Amber (Sprinkled With Flour) posted on July 27, 2012 at 7:56 am (#

This sandwich looks so packed full of goodness and so delicious! I know what I want for lunch today! :)

21. marla posted on July 27, 2012 at 8:14 am (#

This must be my lunch today!

22. Jen Goode posted on July 27, 2012 at 8:31 am (#

YUM – I love summer sandwiches – we’ll need to try avocado and tomato, but the sprouts would end up being fresh spinach, I seem to be putting it in everything these days! Thank you for hosting this yummy party today.

23. Jenni@MomEssentials.Net posted on July 27, 2012 at 10:19 am (#

Hi!
    Thanks for letting me share my own recipe of helathy and tasty Soda Pop Substitute: Essential Oil “Sassy” Water!

24. Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] posted on July 27, 2012 at 10:36 am (#

I love this sammie! I am not a big fan of avocado though, so what would you recommend in place of it? Thanks!

• TidyMom replied on July 27th, 2012 at 10:41 am

hmmmm, well I’m a HUGE avocado fan, so it’s hard to say, but you could always add some red and green peppers.

25. susan posted on July 27, 2012 at 10:44 am (#

that is my kind of sandwich, Cheryl! Today is market day and avocados are on my list!

26. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on July 27, 2012 at 11:10 am (#

I’ve become avocado-dependent! Seems like I can’t live without at least one in the house. This sandwich looks super yum!

27. Maria posted on July 27, 2012 at 11:17 am (#

Veggie sandwiches are my all time favorite! Love yours!

28. Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff posted on July 27, 2012 at 11:34 am (#

Thank you for hosting … veggie sandwiches are the best!

29. Kristy Life-n-Reflection posted on July 27, 2012 at 11:36 am (#

yum, we’re into grilled paninis right now. Anything to keep the oven off during the hottest time of the year!

• TidyMom replied on July 27th, 2012 at 5:45 pm

oh I hear ya!!……lots of sandwiches here too!

30. Sue {munchkin munchies} posted on July 27, 2012 at 12:46 pm (#

Any sandwich with avocado in it is okay by me!

31. Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy posted on July 27, 2012 at 3:58 pm (#

that looks so delicious! i love the sprouts!

32. Sarah @ fancyco.blogspot.com posted on July 27, 2012 at 4:10 pm (#

This looks good, and I have everything but the alfalfa sprouts! <3

33. Renea (cupcake-n-bake) posted on July 27, 2012 at 5:32 pm (#

Though I’ve never been one to eat a veggie sandwich, this looks tasty!

34. Kristina Vanni posted on July 27, 2012 at 8:57 pm (#

Yum- what a great and healthy lunch! Thanks for sharing!

35. Carla @ Carla's Confections posted on July 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm (#

Mmmm I love a good veggie sandwich! I have one on my blog too but this one looks really great!!!

36. shelly (cookies and cups) posted on July 30, 2012 at 9:42 am (#

I have been on a weird sandwich kick lately too! Love this one :)

1. Pingback: How to make Roasted Corn, Black Bean and Avocado Salsa Recipe - Kids Cooking Video - Jeanette's Healthy Living

2. Pingback: Glorious Treats » Raspberry Vanilla Cupcakes

3. Pingback: Chocolate Oat Peanut Butter Stuffed Pancake: Gluten Free, No Sugar Added | SugarFreeMom.com

4. Pingback: Surfin’ Party {Free Printables} –

5. Pingback: SCD Cauliflower “Cupcakes” w/ Green Pea & Spinach “Frosting!” GF, V, BED, SCD! « glutenfreehappytummy

6. Pingback: Olympic-themed crafts food games | TidyMom