Peanut Butter & Chocolate Fudge
Rumor has it that the holiday season has hit. That can only mean one thing……..Ho Ho Ho and pass the fudge!
It’s that time of year to bring out the holiday decor………I haven’t even started! But with that, comes all the memories as we put up the tree. The girls separate all of “their” ornaments as they recall where each one came from, laugh at the funny ones they made when they were little as they strategically hang them on the tree.
My favorite part of the holidays is all the baking. Mom and I used to spend a full day or two baking every cookie we could think of, you had to make sure you had everyone’s favorite. My brother’s favorite was the chocolate peanut butter balls, mine was Russian Tea Cakes, Mom’s were good ole chocolate chip, and Dad’s…….well, Dad never met a cookie he didn’t like, but I think peanut butter was one of his favorites. As I grew older, and had a family of my own, we discovered new favorites like Five Minute Fudge Wreath, but many of those old favorites have been passed down and are still made every year, including my grandma’s fudge.
Fudge, was my Grandma’s claim to fame. She was a pretty darn good cook and baker, but the one thing I remember most about her was her fudge. She would make it every Christmas when I was growing up, a few batches of chocolate and a few batches of peanut butter to hand out as gifts and serve to family.
I like to combine the two flavors, I’m a rebel like that…….or maybe it just feels less guilty than eating two pieces to have a taste of each. This fudge is creamy, smooth and delicious. It’s very easy to adapt to your preferences, you could easily add nuts or change the flavor of chips you use. (see my recipe at the end of this post)
In honor of the special times families share together , I’ve partnered with Just Ask to giveaway a KitchenAid mixer and remind you to just ask about your family genetic history. Finding out if your family has a history of ovarian or breast cancer by taking this quiz gives you a chance to manage your future. They want you to stay around for a good long while, so you can enjoy many more holidays with loved ones.
Wouldn’t it be sweet to do all your holiday baking with this beauty?
One lucky TidyMom reader will win 1 KitchenAid 5-Qt Artisan Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
Giveaway has ended. Congrats to the winner Jhing Karanas
To enter to win: ENDED December 15th, 2012 at midnight
**you may have trouble click thru on a mobile device, if so try using a computer to enter.
once you are there you will be able to enter by:
- Like TidyMom on Facebook
- Sign Up! Enter your email on the Facebook form so we can contact you if you win
- Extra Entries! Share with Friends on Facebook
- Like Just Ask! on Facebook
- Take the Quiz!
- 1 KitchenAid 5-Qt Artisan Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
- 4-pack of Kindle devices for the family – 2 Kindle Fire HD + 2 Kindle Paperwhites
- $100 Amazon Gift Card $100 Amazon Gift Card (translates to 25,000 Amazon Prime Instant Videos or 180,000 titles in the Lending Library)
- 17-piece KitchenAid Tool & Gadget Set
- $50 Gift Card from Skip To My Lou’s “Sweet” Shop
- 12-piece Wusthof Gourmet Knift Set with block
- 4 personalized aprons for family-time in the kitchen
WHEW! That’s a lot of winning going on! Good luck everyone!
Oh, and for my Grandma’s fudge………grab your apron and the recipe below. I’d love to hear what you are baking up this holiday season!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Fudge
- 4½ cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat, combine sugar, butter and milk and cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue stirring and boil for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and marshmallow creme.
- Working quickly, pour 1/2 the mixture into another sauce pan and add peanut butter to one pan, and chocolate chips to the other. Mix each until well blended.
- Pour chocolate fudge into prepared pan, then top with peanut butter and spread over chocolate.
- Cool completely at room temperature then cut into squares.
- Store in air tight container in the refrigerator.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Official Rules: No purchase necessary. Open to US residents only . Must be over 18. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can enter by emailing your name, address and email address here. Giveaway begins on Dec 4, 2012 will end on December 13th at 11:59 pm MST. One winner will receive one KitchenAid 5-Qt Artisan Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer (msrp $349). Winner will be chosen at random using random.org. Mixer will be shipped by Just Ask. Winner is responsible for any and all taxes. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. One winner with a valid entry will be selected at random. Winner will be notified by email by Dec 14, 2012 and will have 48 hours to claim their prize or another winner will be selected. TidyMom and Just Ask are not responsible for lost or undelivered emails. Winner will be posted on this blog post by Dec 15, 2012. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. By entering this giveaway, you have agreed to these rules. Giveaway sponsored Just Ask.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. We hereby release Facebook of any liability. If you have any additional questions – feel free to contact TidyMom
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Just Ask. I have been compensated for my time and Just Ask is providing the awesome prize for TidyMom readers. All opinions expressed are my own.