Home and Garden

Brita Filtered Water Pitcher: I’m Lovin’ It

Brita Pitcher and TidyMom

Do you love water?  I do!

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with water though.  Water is my beverage of choice, after my morning coffee.  But I can’t stand our tap water, and I hate wasting money on bottled water, not to mention all the waste with the empty plastic bottles.

Last year my mom bought me a Brita Pitcher for my birthday – yes I LOVE practical gifts – and I’ve been in love ever since!

I remember growing up with an ice cold “community” pitcher of water in the refrigerator all the time.  I’m not quite sure why we rarely poured a glass, but there was nothing better than grabbing that green bottle and getting a good swig of  cold water any time I wanted.

I love how clean and crisp the Brita makes our tap water taste, and having fresh filter water at my fingertips now feels like a luxury I’m able to indulge in any time.

Brita Filter on Pitcher

There is a cool little indicator on the lid that lets you know when the magic is about to stop and you’ll need to replace the filter.  Other than that, the only other tricky part is making sure everyone refills the pitcher!  There’s nothing worse than anticipating a frosty glass full, only to find the pitcher nearly empty.

It might sound simple, but my Brita Pitcher is definitely one kitchen item I could not do with out!

Are you a water drinker?  How about the Brita Water Bottles? I’d love to hear if anyone has used them, do you like them?

Take a peek at what else I have in my pantry on pinterest.

Where to buy:

You can find Brita pitchers, filter and water bottles at most large retailers like Target, Walmart or Amazon

disclaimer:  this is not a sponsored post, Brita doesn’t even know I exist, I just wanted to share how much I love my pitcher

TidyMom I'm Lovin' ItI’m Lovin’…….my Brita Pitcher

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!

Share your recipes, crafts, diy’s, photography, printables, products..anything you are loving!

If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link below.

*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

27 Responses to “Brita Filtered Water Pitcher: I’m Lovin’ It”

1. Lyuba posted on May 17, 2012 at 8:49 pm (#

I love Brita!! I’ve been using it for years and still in love :)
    Thank you for hosting!

2. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on May 17, 2012 at 9:01 pm (#

Thanks for hosting! :)

3. Allison @ Alli 'n Son posted on May 17, 2012 at 9:23 pm (#

I love how excited you are about a water pitcher! I was just as excited about ketchup and mustard squeeze bottles, so I can make fun pancakes on lazy Sunday mornings!

• TidyMom replied on May 17th, 2012 at 9:26 pm

lol it’s the little things some times isn’t it!

4. hani@craftionary posted on May 17, 2012 at 9:25 pm (#

Thanks for hosting and I love Brita Filter.. I have been using it for many years and it’s wonderful to have it. :)

5. Pat posted on May 17, 2012 at 9:28 pm (#

You know, I see them all the time but I’ve never spoken with anyone that’s used them. So happy to know that you are pleased! The water here is distasteful and I dislike buying the plastic bottles. Also, my allergist hates the plastic ~ says we absorb gases, etc., from it. One more reason NOT to use them.

Thanks for hosting!
    Pat

6. elizabeth cotner posted on May 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm (#

Why am still spending money on bottled water??? Totally need to pick up a Brita one of these days!
    I am absolutely LOVING quinoa (!!!), especially this awesome tabouli salad recipe! I really hope you give it a try.. And p.s.- A *huge* fan of practical gifts, too!

7. elizabeth cotner posted on May 17, 2012 at 10:19 pm (#

Hahaha! Oops!! Here’s the recipe: http://www.PenelopesPeapod.blogspot.com

8. Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers posted on May 18, 2012 at 12:01 am (#

Your post about your water filter makes me realize I need to drink more water! Maybe this would help me by reminding me every time I open the fridge :) Thanks for hosting!

9. Megan posted on May 18, 2012 at 12:28 am (#

Definitely a fantastic rec!! While pregnant, our Brita pitcher makes those 100 oz a day much easier to handle.

(and yes on keeping it refilled – I don’t think my husband remembers it doesn’t fill itself!)

10. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar posted on May 18, 2012 at 4:20 am (#

I have one of these and love it too!

11. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on May 18, 2012 at 6:09 am (#

Thanks for hosting Cheryl. I love my Brita water pitcher! Have a great weekend.

12. nest of posies posted on May 18, 2012 at 7:09 am (#

thanks for the party!!!

have a super weekend!

xo
    kellie

13. sue @ cakeballs. cookies and more posted on May 18, 2012 at 8:26 am (#

Oh I love my brita, have had one for years and years! I got a new one and hate it compared to the old one I had, but I tossed the old one before I knew that, yours looks amazing and it is even pretty!

14. Holley posted on May 18, 2012 at 9:26 am (#

Thanks for hosting!

15. Susan Kay posted on May 18, 2012 at 9:56 am (#

Bought mine about 4 months ago and never want to go back!! I never knew water could taste so good!! Thanks for the post.

16. HighDesertGal posted on May 18, 2012 at 10:37 am (#

I have the Brita Filter water bottles with the idea of letting my daughter and kids use them. They are great for adults BUT you must squeeze hard to get the water out; something a toddler couldn’t do. So, I use them and love them. You have convinced me to get a pitcher for myself and daughter. I didn’t know about the “replace filter thingy”. It is HOT with smoke blowing in from AZ….definitely a drink lots of water day.

• TidyMom replied on May 18th, 2012 at 3:06 pm

thanks for the info on the bottles!

17. phyllisreads@yahoo.com posted on May 18, 2012 at 3:03 pm (#

Even better, we have an under the counter filter. It filters our cold water – tastes great – also have a filter on the frig. So when we get water/ice from it, it is double filtered. Only have to change filters about every six months.

18. Diane | An Extraordinary Day posted on May 18, 2012 at 9:09 pm (#

Me too! Me too! I always say, “it’s the little things in life that make the ordinary, extraordinary.”
    As I raise my glass of Brita purified water…Here’s to YOU!

19. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on May 19, 2012 at 8:10 am (#

We have one in our fridge and one on our faucet :) I don’t like to sacrifice the cold filtered water from the fridge when I’m cooking :)

20. ter@waaoms posted on May 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm (#

I love my Brita, I have been using it for years and recently the bottles came to Canada and I love them too!

21. Ashley posted on May 20, 2012 at 9:06 pm (#

I am absolutely in love with my Brita pitcher as well! I honestly could not live without it with the amount of water I drink. However, I bought the Brita water bottle and was so disappointed. When I didn’t use it for a weekend it got a very musty smell and taste to it (even though there was no water in the bottle itself it sticks in the filter). It now sits in my cupboard and I continue to refill my regular bottle with water from my Brita pitcher :)

1. Pingback: Mini Frittatas & a Bite-Sized Brunch {giveaway}

2. Pingback: Happiness Is...Recipe: Reese's Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies | Cooking for My Kids

3. Pingback: 12 Cool Summer Ideas | TidyMom