Holiday

Spring/Easter Cupcakes

Easter is now less than a week away!   It’s so late this year, so I seems like we’ve been talking Easter for a long time!

But Easter is such a perfect time for all the cute adorable treats!  Next to Christmas, I think it’s my favorite holiday for goodies, maybe even more so, because there doesn’t seem to be the pressure Christmas has.

Any way…….I just grabbed a cake mix and fixed it up using  the Perfect Cupcake from a Box “recipe.

Mixed up a batch of Butter Cream Frosting and got to work on a few fun cupcakes.

Easter Cupcakes

spring easter cupcakes

Easter Bunny Cupcakes

• Butter cream frosting on the top of cupcake, then rolled in white sanding sugar
  • Chocolate chips for the eye
  • Smarties for the nose
  • Easter Twizlers for the whiskers (found these at WalMart, but can’t find them online any where)
  • Fondant and pink sprinkles for the ears *see instructions below
  • *you could also tint some butter cream pink and pipe on a mouth

Easter Bunny Cupcakes

• roll out fondant thick (maybe 1/4″)
  • on a piece of creased parchment or wax paper, cut out bunny ears -I didn’t have a bunny cookie cutter with ears that I could use, so I used  printable bunny ears and made a template to cut out my ears from the fondant
  • smooth out the edges
  • using a clean small brush (that I only use for food), brush water on the fondant ear in the area that you would like to be the pink center
  • sprinkle ear with pink sanding sugar
  • pick up ear and gently tap so excess sugar fall off, and set aside to dry
  • after decorating all of your ears, pick up both sides of parchment or wax paper bringing excess sanding sugar to the center
  • pour back into your container of sanding sugar
  • let fondant dry/harden for about 30 mins, then place into frosting on cupcake, place toothpicks behind the ears to help support

spring easter cupcakes

Easter is one of those holidays that’s full of fun! Coloring eggs, eating chocolate bunnies, jelly beans and peeps, and gathering with family.

How about some Easter candies on top of a cupcake!

spring easter cupcakes

Want to make them?  You will need

Spring Flower Cupcakes

spring flower cupcakes

you will need:

Snip outer sides of gummy lifesavers using small scissors. Place Dots in center of rings. Insert sucker stick in each ring and place on top of frosted cupcakes.

Spring Easter Cupcakes

Hurry and get baking………..Easter’s on it’s way!

Hope you have a Happy Easter!  Feel free to share what Easter treats you’re baking in the comments, or upload a picture to the TidyMom Facebook Page!

I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!

*Made by You Monday, *Mouth Watering Mondays , *Get Your Craft On , *Tasty Tuesday , *All Things Inspired , *Weekend Wrap Up Party, *Mingle Monday

A few other Easter/Spring cupcakes you may enjoy:

Birds Nest Cupcakes

Bunny Ear Cupcakes

Raspberry Filled Cupcakes

Sweet Lion & Lamb Cupcakes

Counting Sheep Cupcakes

Easter Lamb Cupcakes

36 Responses to “Spring/Easter Cupcakes”

1. Wenderly posted on April 18, 2011 at 6:44 am (#

How festive and darling! That frosting grass is AWESOME!

*Hoppy* Easter Cheryl!

2. Kristen posted on April 18, 2011 at 7:36 am (#

How cute are those? What a great Easter treat!

3. Paula posted on April 18, 2011 at 7:39 am (#

Adorable! I love, love, love the Spring Flowers! I just bought and recently used the grass icing tip myself and had a lot of fun with it.

4. Ott, A posted on April 18, 2011 at 7:55 am (#

Adorable! I have never been brave enough to try fondant, but this looks cute and easy!!!

5. shelly (cookies and cups) posted on April 18, 2011 at 8:00 am (#

Such cute cupcakes!! And easy…perfect combo :)

6. Amanda posted on April 18, 2011 at 8:06 am (#

Love all the creativity and style that went into these fun cupcakes Cheryl… you are AWESOME!!

7. alicia posted on April 18, 2011 at 8:13 am (#

Adorable!!

8. Maria posted on April 18, 2011 at 8:28 am (#

I love them ALL! Too cute!

9. Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies posted on April 18, 2011 at 8:28 am (#

These are so cute, Cheryl! I love that you could use the flower cupcake idea all Spring long.

10. Future Mrs. C posted on April 18, 2011 at 10:17 am (#

Love this. Can not wait to try to bunny cupcakes! Thanks for the idea. Happy Easter!!

myamazingfabulousweddingofmydreams.blogspot.com

11. Maris (In Good Taste) posted on April 18, 2011 at 10:25 am (#

These are adorable! What an awesome Easter treat! So festive!

12. ruth posted on April 18, 2011 at 10:50 am (#

wow!!!! they are so cute!!!

13. sweetsugarbelle posted on April 18, 2011 at 11:14 am (#

I love all of them, but especially the flower ones!!! :-) super cute!

14. bridget {bake at 350} posted on April 18, 2011 at 11:21 am (#

Cheryl…you are the Easter cupcake QUEEN!!! Wowza…so cute!

(I *just* bought that “grass piping tip” last week. So excited to use it!)

15. MOMS CRAZY COOKING posted on April 18, 2011 at 4:06 pm (#

I love all your different designs! And cupcakes are always a huge hit at my house!

Myself and 2 other great bloggers are hosting THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS and the theme this week is “EASTER COOKIES & TREATS” and I think this is a great recipe for that! We would love for you to stop on by and link up your recipe if you wish! Hope to see you there!!! :-)

16. Tracy posted on April 18, 2011 at 4:25 pm (#

These are SO adorable! Love them!!

17. Jamie | My Baking Addiction posted on April 18, 2011 at 4:44 pm (#

LOVE the bunnies! So incredibly adorable!

18. Sherri posted on April 18, 2011 at 6:58 pm (#

Adorable! I totally just ordered the #233 frosting tip. A must have!

19. Claire K Creations posted on April 18, 2011 at 7:11 pm (#

They’re gorgeous. I really want to get one of the tips that does the grass. It looks great. Happy Easter!

20. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on April 18, 2011 at 8:39 pm (#

I agree with Jamie, the bunnies are my favorite too. I love those giant ears.

21. Amanda posted on April 18, 2011 at 9:40 pm (#

These are all so adorable Cheryl! Love them!

22. Trisha posted on April 19, 2011 at 1:07 pm (#

Thanks for sharing all your awesome ideas and talents! I love the inspiration you give your readers!

23. Lily posted on April 19, 2011 at 6:36 pm (#

These look sooo cute! I am sure the kids love them! Will have to try them out.

24. Shaina posted on April 19, 2011 at 7:11 pm (#

So cute, Cheryl!

25. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on April 19, 2011 at 10:07 pm (#

Looks like you had quite alot of fun! They are all so playful and colorful – love them!

26. meaghan (the decorated cookie) posted on April 20, 2011 at 7:23 am (#

Fantastic! So cheery, love the flower ones. I posted a link on EdibleCrafts.CraftGossip.com :)

27. Robyn | Add a Pinch posted on April 20, 2011 at 10:13 am (#

These are adorable!

28. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction posted on April 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm (#

These cupcakes are adorable! I’ve really slacked this year and have hardly made any Easter treats. I’m hoping to do some baking this weekend, so I may have to take some cupcake decorating hints from you :)

29. Yaneri posted on April 21, 2011 at 10:59 pm (#

These are soooo adorably cute!!! I love looking for blogs with a lot of inspiration and I sure found it here!!! Got a new blog, I’m a new baker and enjoy making lots sweet bakes!!

Yaneri

30. Jennifer posted on April 22, 2011 at 4:49 pm (#

Your cupcakes look so great. I love the “grass” and your little spring flower pops.

31. Jenn @ Social Salutations posted on April 23, 2011 at 9:24 am (#

These are amazing to look at – and I bet they taste delicious too! The designs are so impressive – great job!

32. Stefani posted on April 24, 2011 at 3:38 am (#

Those are super cute. I wanted to make cupcakes but didn’t get the time to this year.

33. Natalie posted on March 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm (#

Ah I LOVE the bunnies! So cute. I just finished making bird’s nest cupcakes for Easter.
    Thanks for the great ideas.
    Cheers,