Oatmeal Brownie Strawberry Shortcakes
Shortcake never tasted so good!!
I tried a new twist on an old favorite and LOVED it!! Sweet strawberries, homemade fresh whipped cream and a surprise oatmeal brownie, so simple, yet dramatic and incredibly delicious!
Summary: Sweet strawberries, homemade fresh whipped cream and a surprise oatmeal brownie, so simple, yet dramatic and incredibly delicious!
- 1 package Pillsbury® Supreme Fudge Brownie Chocolate Chunk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 (2 cups) whipping cream, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 pints (6 cups) fresh strawberries
- Pre HEAT oven to 350°F
- COMBINE brownie mix, oats, 1/2 cup of cream and egg in large bowl and mix well. Drop large tablespoonfuls of brownie mixture on to greased cookie sheets. Yields approximately 20 cookies.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cool completely.
- COMBINE remaining 1 1/2 cups whipping cream and powdered sugar in medium bowl; beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- SLICE strawberries (*I added a little sugar and smashed with a potato smasher to juice them up a little)
- PLACE 1 brownie cookie on each individual dessert plate or shallow bowl. Top each with strawberries, whipped cream and another cookie. Top each stack with dollop of whipped cream and a little strawberries.
Recipe from Pillsbury Baking
The combination of chocolate and strawberries can’t be beat!
Other recipes you may like:
*Disclaimer: Pillsbury sent me the items listed above to make my own sweet treats! I was not compensated in any other way for this post, all opinions, and my love of Pillsbury are my own!