Recipes

Guacamole and Top Recipes for Super Bowl

The unofficial American holiday is this weekend………Super Bowl Sunday!

I don’t know about you, but I have virtually zero interest in the game. I don’t even know who’s playing.  But I do have an interest in all the food and all the fun commercials!

Last week while I was in Nashville attending the Blissdom conference I had dinner with two of my favorite girlies, Amy and Angie.  They ordered guacamole, it was prepared right in front of us at our table…..and let me tell you this stuff was AMAZING! I realized I had never had fresh guacamole and as soon as I got home I started asking for recipes.  I knew it would be the perfect game day snack.

Guacamole

I used a combination of recipes from Aggie, Shaina and Aimee.

Guacamole

Ingredients:

• 3 very ripe avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and cut up (ripe = soft to touch)
  • 1-2 clove minced garlic
  • 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 of  4 oz can diced green chiles, drained
  • 1/4 cup pico de gallo
  • 2 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Smash avocados with a fork or potato masher (leave a little chunky), mix with remaining ingredients, taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.

Looking for more great recipes for Super Bowl?

Top 10 Superbowl Appetizers

Hot Artichoke Dip @ SugarCrafter

Super Bowl Appetizer Black Bean Mexican Pizza#9

Black Bean Mexican Pizza @ Good Life Eats

Super Bowl Appetizer Roasted Chicken Wings

#10

Roasted Chicken Wings @ She Wears Many Hats

I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!

Living Locurto Printables By Amy

Printables by Amy are easy and affordable digital files to download and print at home or at your local quick print shop.

39 Responses to “Guacamole and Top Recipes for Super Bowl”

1. Tracy posted on January 31, 2011 at 4:43 pm (#

Love all of these recipes; bookmarking this post for this weekend! Thanks for including mine, too. :-)

2. bridget {bake at 350} posted on January 31, 2011 at 4:44 pm (#

I’ll take some of each, please! You went home and made guac right away!!! It is SO good, isn’t it?!? Happy Superbowl week!

3. naomi posted on January 31, 2011 at 4:44 pm (#

Thanks for the inclusion, Cheryl! Wonderful guac! You know I can eat this stuff my the spoonful. Great round-up as well.

4. angie {the arthur clan} posted on January 31, 2011 at 4:49 pm (#

You are making me hungry just thinking about that dinner…so yum!

I am still so completely psyched that I finally got to meet you. A highlight of this year for sure! :)

5. Amanda posted on January 31, 2011 at 4:51 pm (#

WHat a perfectly fantastic round up!!! Everyone needs to bookmark this and make these for every party! And when I say everyone I mean the partys that I am going to. Me WANTS to eat this yummyness!!!

6. laura posted on January 31, 2011 at 4:59 pm (#

I think I love all of your superbowl appetizers. My fav parts of superbowl are the commercials! laura

7. Aimee @ Simple Bites posted on January 31, 2011 at 5:02 pm (#

Thanks for the mention! Miss you. xox

8. Wenderly posted on January 31, 2011 at 5:06 pm (#

These all look so fantastic! For me the Super Bowl is always much more about what is actually in *my bowl* than the football! (did I just say that out loud?) Thanks so much for including my salsa!

9. Kelsey posted on January 31, 2011 at 5:06 pm (#

This is funny because I pointed out to my husband that we both have Super Bowl Sunday off so we should make a bunch of appetizers and PRETEND to watch the game. Neither of us are into watching sports on TV.

I love guacamole! I make a semi-homemade version by using a guacamole seasoning packet from the store and following the directions. Then I add a couple spoonfulls of sour cream and a couple of teaspoons of minced garlic. DELICIOUS!

10. Chiara Hawley posted on January 31, 2011 at 5:48 pm (#

Oh, yay! You came to the rescue again. : ) We have a small crew coming over for Superbowl Sunday, and a few of these yummy recipes will keep me in everyone’s good graces. Thank you for sharing!

11. heather@myeverydaygraces posted on January 31, 2011 at 6:07 pm (#

Mmmm, it all looks so good! And isn’t it great to know that avocados are excellent for your health! Definite Bonus:)

12. Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} posted on January 31, 2011 at 6:21 pm (#

Great line up! They all look yummy :)

13. Madigan at madiganmade posted on January 31, 2011 at 6:22 pm (#

That is a great list of appys… and your guac looks soo good!

14. Sue posted on January 31, 2011 at 6:29 pm (#

I LOVE homemade guacamole, which I will make for sure this weekend! Your ham and swill rolls look/sound delicious! BTW, I finally figured out how to do a collage on Picnik (and post it on my blog)due to your tutorial…THANKS, Cheryl! :)

15. Aggie posted on January 31, 2011 at 6:37 pm (#

Yay! you made guacamole! Isn’t it delicious? Thanks so much for the link love and the great roundup of recipes!

16. Amy | She Wears Many Hats posted on January 31, 2011 at 6:46 pm (#

Wish I could have a little of all of these right now. What a yummy spread. I totally wouldn’t pay any attention to the game with this menu around.

17. {northern cottage} posted on January 31, 2011 at 6:55 pm (#

mmmm…..muy muy delish! That looks SO GOOD but I’d probably eat the WHOLE BOWL by myself…not so good! having fun exploring your other recipes too. Party on!

18. Lauren at KeepItSweet posted on January 31, 2011 at 7:23 pm (#

I want your pizza rolls!

19. Jennifer (Savor) posted on January 31, 2011 at 7:27 pm (#

Awesome list!

20. marla posted on January 31, 2011 at 9:50 pm (#

Sounds like Blissdom was a blast! Loving that tableside guac & time with the gal pals. Great appetizer line up!

21. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on February 1, 2011 at 6:23 am (#

So much inspiration here to host a fun party anytime, not just for the Superbowl.

22. Robyn | Add a Pinch posted on February 1, 2011 at 6:38 am (#

Love these ideas, Cheryl! It will be an awesome game day for everyone with these.

23. MommaHen posted on February 1, 2011 at 8:09 am (#

yyuuummm! You always make me so hungry!
    (p.s. I would LOVE if you come over and join in on my giveaway!)

24. Cookin' Canuck posted on February 1, 2011 at 9:33 am (#

Great lineup of game day recipes! As much as I love watching the game, I love the food even more.

25. teresa posted on February 1, 2011 at 11:01 am (#

Greg would KISS me for days if I would whip him up some HOMEMADE guacamole! Steve’s a lucky MAN!
    Looks so GOOD!
    xo
    I like to squeeze fresh lime juice on my chips and sprinkle them with sea salt!

26. Shaina posted on February 1, 2011 at 1:40 pm (#

Great roundup, Cheryl. I am all about the food for the Super Bowl.

27. Mrs. Jen B posted on February 2, 2011 at 8:41 pm (#

Mmmmm I love guacamole! I’m practically drooling here. I would eat it all day long, seriously. Yum!

28. Amy posted on February 3, 2011 at 2:36 am (#

Your guacamole looks delicious. Love that bright green color! Please hand me a bowl of chips! :D

1. Pingback: Tidymom