Super Food for Game Day!
and what’s a holiday with out some great food?….or make that SUPER food!
Here are a few of our game day favorites that always score a touchdown!
- Sliced Ham (I use 1/2 pound per loaf)
- Swiss Cheese (I use about 5 sliced per loaf)
- 1 pkg King’s Hawaiian rolls
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1-2 tsp onion powder (or dried onion)
- 1 Tbsp poppy seed
- The rolls will look like a large solid piece of bread. Leave the rolls intact and slice the loaf in half with a long knife to form a top layer and a bottom layer.
- Place ham and cheese on bottom layer of rolls, then place top layer of rolls over ham and cheese and place in a 9×13 pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour mixture over rolls.
- Baker 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly before cutting.
These reheat well too, even in the microwave.
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 1 bunch green onions chopped – stems and all
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies- drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese – softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese – shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Have tortillas at room temperature.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and, with an electric mixer, combine all until well distributed.
- Spread mixture fairly thin and evenly on tortillas to within 1/8 inch of edge.
- Roll up jelly-roll fashion and wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, slice in 3/4 inch rounds and arrange on serving plate.
- Serve plain or with salsa.
Tortillas will tend to dry out if rolls are unwrapped and sliced to early.
Make the night before, they have to sit overnight.
- 2 bags of Oyster Crackers
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 pkg. dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- Heat oil, pour over crackers.
- Mix dry ingredients and sprinkle over crackers and mix with wooden spoon.
- Serve in a bowl.