Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Biting into one of these trifecta flavored nuggets reveals a surprisingly delicious ‘ice-cream-like’ treat! Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites recipe below.
I’m going to interrupt this summer heat wave with a quick frozen treat, that is not only simple to make, but substantially better for you than most frozen treats you can buy at the store. I’ve been on a bit of a baking freeze (pun intended)……..and ever since I discovered Wilton Peanut Butter Candy Melts, I’ve been dreaming up different ways to use them. They were great when I covered brownies with them, so I though, why not frozen bananas covered in peanut butter candy! After all, who doesn’t love bananas and peanut butter, with a little chocolate?
I hate to even call this a recipe……but here ya go
- 3 firm bananas (not too ripe)
- 1 bag Peanut Butter Candy Melts
- 1-2 tsp shortening
- 2/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- Line pan with parchment paper
- Cut bananas into 1 inch sections
- Melt peanut butter candy melts with a a little shortening according to directions on the bag
- dip bananas in candy and place on lined pan
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over banana bites (using a disposable decorating bag or zip lock bag with the tip snipped off)
- Place in freezer for several hours.
I got about 24 bites out of 3 bananas. If they are frozen solid, you will want to let them sit out for about 5 minutes before trying to bite into one.
Biting into one of these trifecta flavored nuggets reveals a surprisingly delicious ‘ice-cream-like’ treat! Channel your inner Elvis and give them a try!
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera