Recipes

Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites

Biting into one of these trifecta flavored nuggets reveals a surprisingly delicious ‘ice-cream-like’ treat!  Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites recipe below.

Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites recipe at TidyMom.net | Biting into one of these trifecta flavored nuggets reveals a surprisingly delicious ‘ice-cream-like’ treat!

I’m going to interrupt this summer heat wave with a quick frozen treat, that is not only simple to make, but substantially better for you than most frozen treats you can buy at the store. I’ve been on a bit of a baking freeze (pun intended)……..and ever since I discovered Wilton Peanut Butter Candy Melts, I’ve been dreaming up different ways to use them.  They were great when I covered brownies with them, so I though, why not frozen bananas covered in peanut butter candy! After all, who doesn’t love bananas and peanut butter, with a little chocolate?

Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites at TidyMom.net I hate to even call this a recipe……but here ya go

Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 24

Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites

Ingredients

• 3 firm bananas (not too ripe)
  • 1 bag Peanut Butter Candy Melts
  • 1-2 tsp shortening
  • 2/3 cup Chocolate Chips

Instructions

1. Line pan with parchment paper
  2. Cut bananas into 1 inch sections
  3. Melt peanut butter candy melts with a a little shortening according to directions on the bag
  4. dip bananas in candy and place on lined pan
  5. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over banana bites (using a disposable decorating bag or zip lock bag with the tip snipped off)
  6. Place in freezer for several hours.

Notes

I got about 24 bites out of 3 bananas. If they are frozen solid, you will want to let them sit out for about 5 minutes before trying to bite into one.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites at TidyMom.net | Biting into one of these trifecta flavored nuggets reveals a surprisingly delicious ‘ice-cream-like’ treat! Biting into one of these trifecta flavored nuggets reveals a surprisingly delicious ‘ice-cream-like’ treat!  Channel your inner Elvis and give them a try!

Craving more? Sign up for the TidyMom newsletter to stay on top of what’s new right to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest for all of the latest updates

52 Responses to “Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites”

1. bridget {bake at 350} posted on August 8, 2011 at 6:42 am (#

Mr. E loves frozen banana slices, but I was kinda on the fence about them…until NOW!!! Peanut butter? Chocolate?!? Sign me up!

2. shelly (cookies and cups) posted on August 8, 2011 at 7:10 am (#

so cute and yummy! I bet these are such a great frozen treat!

3. Mommyof2Girlz/StephD posted on August 8, 2011 at 7:23 am (#

Amazing recipe, I know my girls (and I) will love it! Thanks for sharing!

4. julia posted on August 8, 2011 at 7:29 am (#

mmmmmm, I love bananas with peanut butter, especially with chocolate! Hmm, I had no idea Wilton made pb baking chips, adding it to the shopping list.

5. Marla posted on August 8, 2011 at 7:43 am (#

Sure you can call these a recipe. Girl, sometimes simple is best! Love these bites :)

6. Kristen posted on August 8, 2011 at 8:04 am (#

These are so simple but something I NEVER would have thought of!

7. Amy posted on August 8, 2011 at 8:16 am (#

Oh boy do these look tempting! I could easily down a handful in no time!

8. Amanda posted on August 8, 2011 at 8:32 am (#

You are speaking my love language girl! Beautiful post and great recipe!

9. Shaina posted on August 8, 2011 at 8:45 am (#

Love peanut butter and bananas. Love. These look like the perfect little treats.

10. Maria posted on August 8, 2011 at 8:53 am (#

What a fun little treat! I love frozen bananas and PB is always welcome:)

11. Jordan posted on August 8, 2011 at 9:05 am (#

Yum! I wonder if you could use real peanut butter instead of the candy chips? I think I’ll try it both ways!

12. Jordan posted on August 8, 2011 at 9:06 am (#

Yum! I wonder if you could use real peanut butter in place of the candy chips? I think I’ll have to try it both ways!

13. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted on August 8, 2011 at 9:38 am (#

Cheryl, Elvis would be so proud! ;)

They look delicious and easy for the kiddos to help out with.

14. Karly posted on August 8, 2011 at 9:48 am (#

What a perfect treat on a hot summer day!

15. Shona posted on August 8, 2011 at 9:49 am (#

Yummo! We have to try these!

16. susan posted on August 8, 2011 at 9:58 am (#

those cannot be any cuter! There is really nothing better than having treats in the freezer!

17. HeatherChristo posted on August 8, 2011 at 10:06 am (#

I love that these look like precious little chocolate truffles! I love bananas and I love Peanut butter, so these go on my to do list!

18. teresa posted on August 8, 2011 at 10:14 am (#

Yummmmm~eee!
    The perfect little frozen bite!
    Did you know that Frosty Paw now has frozen doggie treats!
    Cullen would LOVE!
    These look great Cheryl!
    Greg would love to have these in the freezer!
    xo
    Hope it cools off soon for you guys!

19. Molly Chester posted on August 8, 2011 at 10:20 am (#

How cute are you? These are so pretty!

20. Sandy @ RE posted on August 8, 2011 at 11:03 am (#

Love anything with peanut butter! Look fantastic!

21. Georgia Pellegrini posted on August 8, 2011 at 11:04 am (#

Oh wow, I would love these. I like that they are bite sized too so you can spread out your indulgence : )

22. colleen posted on August 8, 2011 at 1:03 pm (#

I may have to pull out my true Elvis and spinkle with (freshly cooked ) crispy bacon bits

• Regina replied on August 9th, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Right! I was thinking my inner Elvis would add bacon bits. :-)

23. colleen posted on August 8, 2011 at 1:05 pm (#

sprinkle w/ bacon bits not spinkle :O)

24. Kate posted on August 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm (#

YUM-O! Must find those candy melts (:

25. Savorique posted on August 8, 2011 at 2:46 pm (#

What a great idea for a quick, original, tasty sweet!
    I’m just a little afraid of the sweetness level of this banana-PB combo… I’d be tempted to make my own PB with no sugar added since banana is already quite sweet.

26. Kathleen posted on August 8, 2011 at 3:11 pm (#

Cheryl, great idea! Love the combo and love that its a treat thats actually good for you!

27. SMITH BITES posted on August 8, 2011 at 5:10 pm (#

oh. my. heck.

28. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on August 8, 2011 at 6:17 pm (#

What a great idea for those peanut butter melts! I have some in my cabinet waiting to be used. This would be a great after school snack!

29. Rachel - A Southern Fairytale posted on August 8, 2011 at 7:42 pm (#

My kids would adore these. I want to come and do photo workshops with you!

LOVE <3

30. Robyn | Add a Pinch posted on August 8, 2011 at 8:36 pm (#

Oh my word, these look scrumptious Cheryl! Love these!

31. Paula posted on August 8, 2011 at 10:33 pm (#

What a great and quick (to prepare) snack. I think my own problem would be trying not to grab them out of the freezer while they are waiting to freeze!

32. backcountrybelle posted on August 9, 2011 at 1:09 am (#

These look like they would be perfect for my kids! Delish!

33. Katie posted on August 9, 2011 at 7:12 am (#

These look great, and I think I’m going to try Nutella instead of chocolate. Nothing personal against your recipe as I think it would be amazing, I just have a horrible addiction to Nutella. =)

34. Teena in Toronto posted on August 9, 2011 at 8:28 am (#

Yum-mee!

Happy blogoversary :)

35. Sue posted on August 9, 2011 at 10:07 am (#

You hit the target with these, Cheryl!

36. LetsPourTea posted on August 9, 2011 at 11:44 am (#

Yummy! I have been looking for a way to make a frozen banana treat, but had no idea what to do. Thank you so much for the wonderful “recipe”. I might just add a bit of caramel to these too!

37. Sara posted on August 9, 2011 at 4:22 pm (#

I officially hate you. OMG those look delicious!!!!

38. aida mollenkamp posted on August 9, 2011 at 8:17 pm (#

I make peanut butter “frosted” frozen bananas for my healthy kids cooking classes but I never have melted down pb candies like this…great idea! And I agree with Georgia that it’s nice to have them bite-sized!

39. Wenderly posted on August 11, 2011 at 8:36 pm (#

I could stock my freezer with these and be happy till Christmas. And I think I just might…

40. Jenny @ DIY Newlyweds posted on August 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm (#

Yum! These look so good! Those are 3 of my favorite flavors, so I will definitely have to try this!

41. Erin posted on August 16, 2011 at 2:03 am (#

Visiting from Today’s Creative Blog. OMG who doesn’t love bananas, peanut butter and chocolate! LOVE LOVE LOVE these and I’ll be making some soon :) You found your way to my heart! I’m a new follower ;)

42. amy schleicher posted on August 19, 2011 at 9:41 am (#

Yum, cannot wait to try these~and eat the majority of them by myself.

43. jenjenk posted on August 28, 2011 at 9:25 pm (#

oh my gosh – what can be better?? peanut butter & bananas…and choco!! Love!!

44. Diane {Created by Diane} posted on September 25, 2011 at 11:48 pm (#

These look so good! So glad they came up when I was stumbling, I can’t believe I missed them :)

45. Jason posted on November 10, 2011 at 9:45 am (#

Wow. Thanks for sharing.

46. Stacy posted on February 25, 2012 at 11:50 am (#

Does anybody know how long these will still taste fresh in the freezer? Wondering how long they last in the freezer?

47. Trish Butler posted on February 27, 2013 at 8:06 pm (#

I love them. Now I don’t have to go to Disneyland for a chocolate covered banana with peanuts on them whch is about $100.00 per adult plus the way over the top price for the banana. These are much cheaper. Thank you for the recipe and letting me know you can buy peanut butter candy chips.

1. Pingback: Friday Favorites — Daily Dwelling

2. Pingback: Banana “Ice Cream”

3. Pingback: Easy Banana Creme Brulee | TidyMom