3rd annual Love the Pie Party! Link Up & Giveaways #LovethePie
PIE: it’s simple, it’s American and come Thanksgiving…….. everybody saves room for it!
This History of Pie…….
The purpose of a pastry shell was mainly to serve as a baking dish, storage container, and serving vessel, and these are often too hard to actually eat. For hundreds of years, it was the only form of baking container used, meaning everything was a pie.
read the rest at What’s Cooking America
There are few things as American as apple pie, as the saying goes, but like much of America’s pie tradition, the original apple pie recipes came from England. Pies today are treats made around the world, filled with everything from sweet apples to savory chicken.
Today we are celebrating PIE!
“Love the Pie”
Time for everyone to link up your favorite PIE recipe!
What’s a PARTY with out prizes?
We have some GREAT sponsors who have been SO generous to provide some fabulous goodies for the Party!!
Wilton Pie Baking Tools (value $52.94)
How to Participate in Love the Pie
You can copy the button in your post if you’d like.
**** GIVEAWAYS have ended – you can find all the winners in the Love the Pie recap ****
1. Write and post a recipe on your blog featuring a pie, tart or cobbler. (can be an old post…just PLEASE be sure to link back AND follow #2 below)
2. Include the line below in your blog post. (you MUST include this line to be eligible for prizes)
“Come join Love the Pie with TidyMom sponsored by Cherokee USA, Le Creuset, Wilton, Bags by Bloom, Harvard Common Press and Pillsbury”
3. Add the link to your pie post to the widget and leave a comment letting me know you linked up. *you can link up to 2 posts
4. Don’t have a blog? no problem…..leave your recipe in the comments on this post
Extra Entries: (leave a comment on this blog post letting me know you did any of the following, total of 3 entries)
- spread the word about “Love the Pie” through social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter
Sample Tweet: Join the fun @TidyMom for #LovethePie Share your pie recipes (and WIN) here: http://bit.ly/rP7MZ9
- Share the news about Love the Pie party with your friends on Facebook
Ok, ready to link up? I will keep the linky open for one week, thru November 23, 2011. Anyone can participate in the link up, but the prizes will ship to US addresses only
Official Rules: No purchase necessary. US Residents Only to win. Must be over 18. Giveaway will end on November 23, 2011 at 5 pm CST. Winners will be announced the following week . All winners with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. Winners will be notified by emailed and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. TidyMom and sponsors are not responsible for lost or undelivered emails. Thanks for participating! Happy cooking!!
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera