Mixed Berry Muffins in Parchment Paper Wrappers
Crisp parchment paper wrappers give these MIXED BERRY MUFFINS a ‘just from the bakery’ feel.
I have a love affair with muffins from a bakery. I don’t make them at home too often, and I’m not sure why….other than I think I’m a sucker for how they look in the bakery case. I drool over the big jumbo sized muffins, and how gorgeous they look when they are presented in a brown parchment wrapper.
A few weeks ago, I picked up a jumbo muffin pan and decided to to be a real wizard in my kitchen and whip up a batch of my own “bakery style” muffins, lining them with parchment paper wrappers, thanks to some tips I found from the queen of the kitchen……..Martha Stewart.
MY! aren’t you gorgeous!
How to Make Parchment Muffin Wrappers
- I love the look of unbleached parchment paper (but you could use white as well)- cut 5-6″ squares for the jumbo size muffins
- Spray muffin tins with a little cooking spray (this will help hold them in place)
- Place one square of parchment into one cup of the muffin tin, pressing the folds to crease (it’s not going to be perfect, just do the best you can) – repeat with each muffin cup.
- Fill cups 2/3 full with batter and bake.
- After they cool, tie with a piece of twine or ribbon to make them extra pretty
I hand picked up a bunch of yummy berries at Sams Club the other day……..so I decided on mixed berry muffins.
Mixed Berry Muffins
Yield: 6 jumbo muffins
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup berries, cleaned and cut if needed
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line jumbo muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt with wire whisk.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add buttermilk, oil, extract and eggs. Stir just until combined.
- Fold in berries.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 22- 25 minutes for jumbo muffins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from muffin tray and cool on a rack.
Handle the batter as little as possible – too much handling will cause the muffins to be tough.
Variations: use any berries or combination of berries you like.
**Making this recipe? Take a picture and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #TidyMom so we can see what you’re creating in the kitchen!
These wrappers would be perfect for a brunch or for gifting muffins! They look so cute and elegant, they would even work for cupcakes.
More Muffin Recipes
- They’ll Make you Sing Muffins (you MUST listen to Amy’s sweet hubby sing about her muffins! )
- Cinnamon & Sugar Doughnut Muffins
- Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
- Triple Chocolate Muffins
- Banana Espresso Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Crisp Muffin Wrappers from Martha Stewart