My name is Cheryl………..and I’m addicted to PUMPKIN!
Do you love pumpkin as much as I do? This time of year I feel like I can’t get enough of it!
So when the good people at Walkers Shortbread asked me if I would use their famous shortbread in a recipe during the holidays………….PUMPKIN Parfait was the first thing that popped in my head!
If you don’t already love Walkers Shortbread, I’m sure you’ve seen them around. They’ve been in the business of baking shortbread in small batches in a family bakery in the Scottish Highlands for over 100 years.
You are going to love me! Because this recipe I came up with is SO scrumptious, something totally EASY to make, something you and your whole family will LOVE (you can leave out the alcohol for the kids). We just won’t talk about what it will do to your hips!
This is a great alternative to pumpkin pie!
- 1-3/4 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup Whiskey (*you can omit and just use 2 cups milk)
- 1 -4 cup serving box of JELL-O brand Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 3/4 of a package Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread, crushed
- In a medium bowl combine dry pudding mix with milk and whiskey with a wire whisk for 2 minuets then place in the refrigerator to set a little more.
- In a small bowl mix pecans with melted butter and brown sugar and set aside
- Using a chilled bowl and whisk attachment (I put mine in the freezer for about 20 mins) whip cold whipping cream with sugar and vanilla on high until peaks form (approx 3-4 mins)
- Using a food processor and about 3/4 of a package of Pure Butter Walkers Shortbread pulse until fine or slightly chunky. (you could also put the shortbread in a zipper bag and crush with rolling pin) *I crushed them fine, but I think a little chunky would be even better!
- Put it all together: Using individual serving cups, layer; pudding crushed shortbread whipped cream pudding crushed shortbread top with a large dollop or whipped cream sprinkle with candied nuts
- drizzle with caramel syrup or topping garnish with 1/2 shortbread cookie
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
I’ll tell you………this was every bit as delicious as it looks!!
***CONGRATULATIONS to the WINNERS! #17 Claudia and #33 Joanna
The awesome people at Walkers Shortbread would like to give two TidyMom readers a holiday cup and cookies! Just enough to make your own parfait, or snack on some cookies with your favorite coffee or tea.
1. Visit Walkers Shortbread and leave a comment here, telling me what your favorite shortbread cookies are, or what you would make with them.
Get Extra Entries by: (leave a separate comment for each)
- Become a subscriber to TidyMom by doing one of the following: subscribe via RSS, email or Google Friends connect (see widget at bottom of page) Already subscribe? AWESOME!… but be sure to let me know in the comments so your extra entry will count.
- Follow TidyMom on Twitter and click this button to tweet Tweet
- join TidyMom on Facebook
- Mention this giveaway on your Facebook page, or blog.
Giveaway will end on Nov 29, 2010 at 5 pm CST. Two winners with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. I will email the winners and they will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!
- Made by You Monday
- Mouth Watering Mondays
- Get Your Craft On
- Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday
- Tasty Tuesday
- Tuesdays at the Table
- Foodie Friday
- Friday Food
- Weekend Wrap Up Party
Disclosure: The awesine people from Walkers Shortbread sent me a few boxes of cookies to try and will be supplying the prize above for the winnesr of this giveaway.