Recipes

Nutella Crepes

Ever since I got home from Napa with Bush’s Beans I’ve been craving an easy little treat we had thanks to Chef and Culinary Entrepreneur Jeffrey Saad.

Nutella Crepes!

I had never made crepes before, but Jeffrey said all I need is a non-stick pan and a touch of butter!

Crepes are very thin cooked pancakes that can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. The common ingredients include flour, milk, eggs, butter and a pinch of salt.

Not exactly a healthy breakfast, but I knew it was one my family would love on a cool November morning.

How to make Nutella Crepes.  Click photo to get all the instructions at TidyMom.net

They were super easy to make, definitely not as scary as I thought.  I whisked mine up in the blender and then let the batter sit in the fridge for about an hour.

Jeffrey has a fantastic video on his site to show you exactly how to make crepes! If you’ve never made them before, I highly suggest watching his video…….and even if you have……go over and watch Jeffrey cook! He has so much passion!

I used my little 6 inch skillet. I poured the creamy batter into the hot pan and quickly swirled it to cover the bottom of the pan.   Once I had the hang of it, I was turning out crepes in no time!!

Nutella Crepes

Yield: 12 large or 16 small crepes

Nutella Crepes

Ingredients

• 2 eggs
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • pinch salt
  • 1.5 ounces butter, melted
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • dash of vanilla
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • extra butter to cook with
  • Nutella
  • Powdered Sugar for garnish

Instructions

1. Combine 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, milk, water, salt, sugar, vanilla and melted butter in a blender and pulse until foamy add flour and pulse until smooth. Let the batter sit for an hour.
  2. Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook until the top loses its gloss, which should only take a minute, then flip. The bottom should be golden. Cook the other side for about 15 seconds and then slide out onto a plate. Keep warm in a 250F oven or serve right away spread with Nutella, roll and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
  3. Makes about 12 large or 16 small crepes.

Notes

I used my little 6 inch skillet. I poured the creamy batter into the hot pan and quickly swirled it to cover the bottom of the pan. Once I had the hang of it, I was turning out crepes in no time!!

© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

NEW FEATURE: Save recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!

I saved some of the left over crepes to fill with fruit and yogurt for tomorrow’s breakfast!  What do you like in your crepes?

Jeffrey Saad, is soon to be seen on United Tastes of America his new TV show for the Cooking Channel that will explore the history, science and cultural impact of iconic foods.  He also recently launched his line of spices called Cooking Without Borders Spice Blends, based on his love of cooking with spices.  In 2009, Jeffrey was the runner up on season 5 of The Next Food Network Star and hosted a series of webisodes called the Spice Smuggler on FoodNetwork.com.

64 Responses to “Nutella Crepes”

1. Paula posted on November 8, 2010 at 6:30 am (#

that`s one of my favourite way to eat crepes :)

have a nice time,
    Paula

2. Debbie @TheHipHostess posted on November 8, 2010 at 7:59 am (#

Beautiful presentation and brilliant idea! It’s like delish on a dish!

3. Amanda posted on November 8, 2010 at 8:01 am (#

Gorgeous!! I had no idea about that new show either… very cool!

4. Cookbook Queen posted on November 8, 2010 at 8:35 am (#

I LOVE it!! I will definitely be trying these soon!! I even have Nutella in the pantry. :)

When I was a kid, my mom would make crepes, but she did it with pancake mix. She used extra eggs or something and made it thinner. I need to get the recipe from her. Anyways, we just filled ours with strawberry or grape jam and sprinkled with powdered sugar, and they were great.

P.S. Your picture of the finished crepes is total GORGEOUSNESS!! Look at you go, with your awesome photography skills!!

5. Amy @ Living Locurto posted on November 8, 2010 at 8:43 am (#

NO WAY! I love Nutella and was trying to think of something to do with it. YUM! Thanks.

6. Laura posted on November 8, 2010 at 9:09 am (#

Were they just as divine as in Napa? Too bad we couldn’t be eating them together!

7. Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies posted on November 8, 2010 at 10:33 am (#

I really want to learn how to make crepes. I feel like I need a crepe pan. (mostly because I *want* a crepe pan. Yum!

8. Lilianna Grace posted on November 8, 2010 at 10:51 am (#

Hello Yum! I’ve been wanting to try my hand at Crepes for a while now. This tutorial is a great oppurtunity! Thanks!

9. Paula posted on November 8, 2010 at 11:14 am (#

I’ve never attempted crepes as yet but your tutorial and links make it look easier than I thought. Cheesecake and crepes all in a week’s time. You are doing awesome with new creations Cheryl. These look as delicious as your cheesecake you guest posted at Bake at 350.

10. Amanda :) posted on November 8, 2010 at 12:48 pm (#

Your first attempt at crepes turned out beautifully! These look delicious! :)

11. Sue posted on November 8, 2010 at 1:16 pm (#

My son-in-law used to own a crepe cafe and the Nutella crepe with whipped cream was very popular! He made sweet and savory crepes:)

12. Marie posted on November 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm (#

Oh my YUM! We always make crepes, but I haven’t filled them with NUTELLA, duh!! Thanks for the tip!

13. Judy@In His Grip posted on November 8, 2010 at 2:17 pm (#

My friends have been raving about Nutella for sometime now, about how great it is. I have yet to try it. I am a little afraid that it will be as good as they say and I may not be able to stop eating it.

14. teresa posted on November 8, 2010 at 3:00 pm (#

WOW~zie!
    Look at your FANCY self!
    I thought for sure these were going to have BUSH’s BEANS in them! ;o)
    Can you believe it…I don’t think I’ve EVER had a CREPE!
    Maybe I had one in Paris and didn’t even know it!
    Looks yummy!
    I know your sweet family is loving all of this FANCY~cooking!
    I’ve got to figure out what kind of PIE I’m making this year!
    xooxoxox

15. jacqueline posted on November 8, 2010 at 10:28 pm (#

I never thought to use Nutella in my crepes and I love nutella. I usually eat mine with some strawberry jam, or sometimes I eat them with strawberry’s and whip cream like a strawberry short cake. I have also made a cream mixing cream cheese lemon juice and sugar and put it inside. Really with the right recipe they are not bad plain. (add a little extra vanilla or orange flavor in the batter)

16. this blessed nest posted on November 9, 2010 at 6:53 am (#

stop it!!!

do you know i just made something extremely yummy & seasonal with nutella yesterday. i’m hoping to get the post up in the next day or two. this looks awesome! LLLLLLOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEEE nutella.

i’ll link it up with you on friday if i get it up in time. ;)

have a super day!
    kellie

p.s. i am also planning on being at the pie party.

17. this blessed nest posted on November 9, 2010 at 6:55 am (#

p.s.

how fun was that trip to go on??? wow! so exciting for you. and….they served you nutella. omg! perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellie

18. Janet posted on November 9, 2010 at 8:41 am (#

You rocked the Crepes! Gives me hope that I can too!

Thank you!! Tell me… Is there anything better on the end of a spoon than Nutella?

19. bridget {bake at 350} posted on November 9, 2010 at 9:08 am (#

Cheryl! Oh my goodness!!! Those sound INCREDIBLE!!! And I just happened to have picked up the BIG jar of Nutella yesterday! Woo Hoo!

20. naomi posted on November 9, 2010 at 10:11 am (#

Um, I love me some crepes and with Nutella. . .breakfast, lunch and dinner snack!

21. michelle posted on November 9, 2010 at 10:46 am (#

I’ve always wanted to make crepes, but nobody else in my family will eat them! Im skeered. (scared)

22. wendy posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:20 pm (#

Mmm, I love crepes, and I haven’t had them forever. I think I need to make some :)

23. Donna M. posted on November 9, 2010 at 1:18 pm (#

I love anything with nutella oozing on it! LOL.

Hey, I wanted you to know that I posted today about picnik and referred to your great recent article about it!

24. Heather posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:42 pm (#

These are the best, but can get even better with sliced strawberries or banana’s and whipped cream! The kids come home from school and have one or two everyday. You can see why we need a CostCo size jar of Nutella!

25. Brenda posted on November 9, 2010 at 4:26 pm (#

One of my friends in HS was french and her mom used to make these for us all the time, but I don’t think she used quite that much nutella, they are delicious though!

26. Robyn posted on November 9, 2010 at 11:16 pm (#

These look delicious, Cheryl! I love making crepes and am wondering why in the world I hadn’t thought of making them with Nutella!

Love this!

27. Angie Smith posted on November 10, 2010 at 8:45 am (#

Yum! My husband and I had crepes for the first time on vacation a couple of months ago. I had nutella with fresh strawberries. Delicious!

28. Kristen posted on November 10, 2010 at 10:09 am (#

The crepe that took my Nutella virginity. I’ll always have a special place in my heart for that recipe ;)

29. Dana posted on November 10, 2010 at 6:07 pm (#

That is awesome! I would love for you to come link up at my Strut Your Stuff Linky Party!

30. Cookin' Canuck posted on November 10, 2010 at 10:09 pm (#

Crepes (or skinny pancakes as my kids call them) are one of our favorite weekend breakfasts. Nutella is a favorite filling, squeezing lemon & brown sugar out of the top spot. Great post to show how easy crepes can be!

31. Lisa posted on November 10, 2010 at 10:12 pm (#

Your crepes look perfect and the Nutella in them sounds delicious.

32. Tickled Red posted on November 11, 2010 at 7:11 am (#

Oh my word!! I am speechless. I’ll just say Thank You and go rummage in my pantry for all of the ingredients.

33. Aggie posted on November 12, 2010 at 5:14 pm (#

ooooo….girl you did good! I’m still nervous about making them but good to know about the video! yours looks delish! I love Nutella in crepes…and strawberries, yum!

34. Amy posted on November 13, 2010 at 8:19 am (#

Yum, Nutella.

35. Sarah posted on November 13, 2010 at 8:34 am (#

Crepes are very popular at our house. We usually just do a squeeze of lemon and sprinkle of sugar although a combo of Nutella and bananas is also very popular!

36. megan @ homemade ginger posted on November 13, 2010 at 10:15 am (#

I had similar crepes with nutella and bananas at a local crepe restaurant recently. Now I will have to make them myself! Delicious!

37. Mikaela posted on January 29, 2012 at 1:03 pm (#

I’ve tried so many crepe recipes and this one is my favorite!! So glad I came across this! Thank you!

38. Carole posted on October 15, 2012 at 6:35 pm (#

i like to add mozzarella cheese to my Nutella Crêpes, sweet and salty tastes so good.

1. Pingback: Tidymom

2. Pingback: QuitEatingOut

3. Pingback: Tidymom

4. Pingback: The Hip Hostess

5. Pingback: jennifer hadfield

6. Pingback: Kami Bigler

7. Pingback: Paula Kelly-Bourque

8. Pingback: bridget edwards

9. Pingback: Tidymom

10. Pingback: Camala

11. Pingback: jennifer hadfield

12. Pingback: 12 Days Handmade Christmas Tutorials|Day 10 Cinnamon Honey Butter and Toffee Popcorn » lifeingrace

13. Pingback: Hecmari Rodriguez