follow TidyMom on Pinterest

Easy Fabric Covered Canvas Wall Art

Can you believe I finally have a project for you today?

I recently changed the colors in our bathroom. I bought a new shower curtain, hooks, towels, rugs, but that left me with a problem……the walls.

I needed something for over the towel bar.

This idea first hit me when Becca did it. I did mine a little different, since I was only needing small wall art, I simply bought a two pack of Artist Canvas at Hobby Lobby for $4. But if you want a large piece, I would recommend the way Becca made hers.

easy wall art

I love how they turned out! They were super easy…..and cheap!

What you will need:

• Artist Canvas in the size you prefer (I used 2- 11″x14″)
  • Fabric that you ? (I got 1/2 yard of 2 coordinating fabrics- which was more than enough fabric, but I want to do a few other things with the fabric)
  • Staple gun
  • Picturing-hanging wire and screw set

Let’s get started……..

Fabric Wall Art {1-4}

With any size canvas and your choice of fabric, lay the right side of the canvas on the wrong side of the fabric. Measure your fabric and cut to size.

Fabric Wall Art {5-8}

You will want to be sure to iron your fabric, or you will see creases in your finished piece.
Pull fabric tight and staple several times along two opposite edges. On the ends fold the corners as you would a present, pull up tight and staple.

To hang:
Attach the small screws and picture wire to the back of the frame. (I forgot to buy these, so I have not attached the wire to the back of mine yet)

Step back and admire!

This is an inexpensive way to decorate a wall, and when I get tired of this fabric, I’ll rip it off and start over.
The possibilities are endless, and there are so many amazing fabrics available! This was fun, easy and quick…..I can’t wait to make a large one for another room!

Wouldn’t something like this be amazing?!

picture source: the style files

If you’re new to TidyMom, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed or Email. I would also love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for visiting!
About TidyMom

Comments

1. 1
    elizabeth says:

I love it…art even I could do! YaY!

2. 2
    elizabeth says:

I love it…art even I could do! YaY!

3. 3
    Dominika says:

Fabulous!

4. 4
    Dominika says:

Fabulous!

5. 5
    Laura PARING DOWN says:

Cheryl,

That's great! I'm still working on my master bathroom and have some needs in my hallway.

This could work great!

Thanks,
    Laura

6. 6
    Laura PARING DOWN says:

Cheryl,

This could work great!

Thanks,
    Laura

7. 7
    Victoria (magoosmom) says:

Love this idea! I have thought about painting some art for my house since I have unusual color schemes but this is even easier! Going to bookmark!

8. 8
    Victoria (magoosmom) says:

9. 9
    Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

Very nice!! Such a great (and inexpensive) idea! Love your colors, too.

10. 10
    Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

Very nice!! Such a great (and inexpensive) idea! Love your colors, too.

11. 11
    CRAZYMOM says:

This is so great! I just got some new fabric and I was hoping to try putting it on canvas for MY bathroom re-do. (weird huh). Thanks for the tut. Can't wait to get started!!

12. 12
    CRAZYMOM says:

13. 13
    heidi @ wonder woman wannabe says:

Looks great to me! One could even do this type of treatment around (or inside of) regular photo frame and get the same result I'd bet!

Thanks for sharing!

14. 14
    heidi @ wonder woman wannabe says:

Thanks for sharing!

15. 15
    Sandy@Life Began In A Garden says:

Looks great, I love when they make coordinating fabric so I don't have to figure out what goes with what!

16. 16
    Sandy@Life Began In A Garden says:

17. 17
    Eunice Beshears says:

Hello I like your blog. I fanned you on Facebook via your blog. How do you get an application like that installed to your blog? I would appreciate you sharing. My email is eunice@awakenlacey.com .

Thanks.

18. 18
    Eunice Beshears says:

Thanks.

19. 19

Great idea! I love the fabrics you picked too.

20. 20

Great idea! I love the fabrics you picked too.

21. 21
    Michelle @ Sweet Something says:

Great job! Love your fabric selection too!

22. 22
    Michelle @ Sweet Something says:

Great job! Love your fabric selection too!

23. 23

So…this is why you were looking for the staples! I love what you did, the fabrics you chose and the way you displayed your new artwork!

24. 24

25. 25

Great idea. I needed some inspiration as we pull together the kids' bathroom. Thanks!

26. 26

27. 27
    ClassiclyAmber says:

I really like it! It's a super easy way to put up nifty artwork~! <3 Great job! It looks nice in your bathroom. I love those colors!

28. 28
    ClassiclyAmber says:

29. 29
    Kelly at I Dream of Decor says:

Love this idea! I need to do these in the same space in my bathroom, thanks so much!

30. 30
    Kelly at I Dream of Decor says:

31. 31

Really neat and really simple – something even a craft-impaired person like me could do! LOL I think I will do this for my daughter's room this summer.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

32. 32

Thanks for sharing it with us.

33. 33
    Leslie, the Home Maker says:

Beautiful, easy and inexpensive!
    This is my cup of tea!
    I have a few canvases that have been hanging around my craft closet waiting for me to beautify them- this is the solution!
    Thanks!
    —Hmmmm…now where to put them?
    Blessings to you as you make your home!

34. 34
    Leslie, the Home Maker says:

Beautiful, easy and inexpensive!
    This is my cup of tea!
    Thanks!
    —Hmmmm…now where to put them?
    Blessings to you as you make your home!

35. 35

i love it! I need something to put up in my kitchen…something semi-permanent…until I make up my mind, I am going to do a few of these! Thanks!

Vicky

36. 36

Vicky

37. 37

Great idea!!

38. 38

Great idea!!

39. 39
    Pam Ponder says:

I really like it and think I could pull it off thanks

40. 40
    Pam Ponder says:

I really like it and think I could pull it off thanks

41. 41

I cannot believe this post!! I was literally just at the fabric store and found some fabric that I love…and was wondering how I could frame it. You just read my mind!!

42. 42

43. 43
    Atticmag says:

Years ago Marimekko did "stretched fabrics" like that. Lots bang for the buck. Jane F

44. 44
    Atticmag says:

45. 45
    Leslie says:

How clever is that! I love fabric. I am now on my way to vote for you. I found you through Skip to my lou!

46. 46
    Leslie says:

47. 47
    The DIY Show Off says:

It's such a great inexpensive DIY project that makes a statement. I love it! Great tutorial too! Thanks for sharing your creativity in the DIY Project Parade. ;)

Roeshel

48. 48
    The DIY Show Off says:

Roeshel

49. 49
    Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

They look great, Cheryl!! Love the colors and patterns. :)

50. 50
    Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

They look great, Cheryl!! Love the colors and patterns. :)

Trackbacks

1. [...] May 11, 2010 By TidyMom 44 Comments You may remember last week I showed you how I made some easy fabric covered wall art for my [...]

2. Jamtin says:

3. Kate says:

RT @jamtincoza: Love this tutorial for easy fabric-covered canvas wall art. Going to try it this weekend for sure! http://cot.ag/c4Er9Y

4. Agora morri de desejo! É exatamente esse tecido que tenho procurado há meses para as telas da cabeceira da minha cama http://bit.ly/bMdTRf

5. [...] canvas in the main level half bath; a good tutorial can be found here: Fabric-covered canvas Spruced up an old candle in the bathroom with some leftover [...]

6. [...] Here is an easy-to-follow DIY tutorial for achieving this fabulous art piece! [...]

7. [...] is canvas, a staple gun, fabric, and some scissors. Here is a link to a tutorial on how to do it: Easy Fabric Covered Canvas by Tidy Mom.  Super easy and I think it looks great! Categories: Crafts, [...]

I’d love to hear from you, leave a comment

Current day month ye@r *