Lemon Pudding Pound Cake
I‘m going to try and start posting a recipe every tuesday. There are several recipe carnivals that I enjoy – so I can link up to them and you can check their carnival links for other great recipes.
You can always click on the Recipe Box tab at the top to find all of my recipes.
This week I’d like to share a recipe I’ve made for years. I think we originally found the recipe on the box of cake mix. It’s a Lemon Pudding Pound Cake. The pudding is in the mix, not a pudding filled cake and it’s not quite as dense as a usual pound cake. I’ve always made it in a 9×13 pan, but I’m sure you could make it look pretty in a bunt pan.
Grab your aprons…………this is a super easy one!
- 1 box Lemon Instant Pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Grease and flour 9×13 pan. Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients and mix for 2 mins at medium speed.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 mins.
- Cool and top with Lemon Glaze.
- whisk lemon juice and powdered sugar until smooth and drizzle over cake
*Tip, I like this cake cold, so I store it in the refrigerator.