Today I’m in the mood for some comfort food! I know it’s the end of August, but there is a chill in the air here with our unseasonably cool temperatures. This is a super easy “fool proof” recipe that’s sure to please everyone in the family!
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4-5 chicken breasts (cooked and cut up)
- 1-14oz can chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- milk *optional
- 1 can biscuits (I like to use Pillsbury Grands)
- Place cooked and cut chicken in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Simmer butter, salt, pepper, and broth in sauce pan.
- When melted and hot, add flour and whisk until smooth.
- If your sauce is a little too thick, you can thin it down with a little milk or broth.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Top mixture with biscuits.
- Bake according to directions on biscuits.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
**you could add some veggies to this I’m sure – but my family is too picky and doesn’t like to mix too many foods in one dish! LOL