Mmmm, Banana Cake
Don’t believe the cookbooks; it’s really easy to bake cakes from scratch, even a banana cake!
This is a wonderful soft and moist banana cake recipe that I borrowed from my friend Dana .
Here’s the recipe for you guys!!
Grab your apron……
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c. mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 1/4 c. sour milk *(you can make sour milk by adding just a little vinegar to milk and let it sit about 10 mins until it curdles)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. margarine
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. bananas (1-2 bananas)
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Mix all together in order
- Bake at 350
- 2 -9? pans 25-30 mins.9×13 pan 35-40 mins.
- Mix well with mixer and frost cooled cake.
I omitted the nuts because my family doesn’t like them, but I think it would have been even better WITH walnuts!!
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
(a recipe acquired from another friend years ago)
Head over to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for more recipes on Tasty Tuesday
and because we are hooked on BANANAS I added this post to
Julia’s Hooked on Friday’s Carnival